Empire's David Allen Bldg redevelopment

ChiefJoJo

I dug up the old N&O article.. notice the mention of what is now West at North (and notice the size... West has grown quite a bit in two years & Empire's project looks like a bunch more than 16 units)

Two other projects are being planned at the property's south end -- the corner of West and North streets...

Raleigh developer Greg Hatem wants to build a four-story structure with 16 condominiums, shops and a restaurant. And a group of investors led by Cary developer Gregg Sandreuter wants to build shops, restaurants and at least 58 condos on a 1.9-acre property at the northeast corner of the intersection the group bought from the State Employees Association of North Carolina.

The David Allen Bldg is just west of the prop. Govt Ctr TTA station & across the street (south) from West at North (click here for a map)... now I suppose Hatem & Co are ready to move their plan forward. :)

David Allen Buildings, 310 N. West Street

David Allen is a mix-use development in the burgeoning Glenwood South neighborhood, at the corner of North and West streets. The project includes a 1930s warehouse, which will be redeveloped into a new restaurant with a rooftop balcony offering views of downtown Raleigh. The new retail, office and residential buildings will echo the classic architecture, utilizing brick, concrete and glass. A semi-private courtyard for residents will provide a beautiful space to enjoy a meal or meet with friends. Residents will find it a short walk from Peak Fitness, restaurants and all of the nightlife and activities Glenwood South has to offer.

Available: Early 2008; taking reservations soon

Here's the linky.

Davidallen_main.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It looks like Hatem has acquired a few more properties. I like the rendering for the David Allen building but I am really interested in what he is going to do with the old water treatment plant. There had been mention of a winery/brewery a while back.

It is good to see Glenwood South continue to march east.

Hopefully Wake County will unload their land east of Harrington and west of Capitol. Maybe Cherokee could acquire it to build even more residences close to the State Govt. station?

West at North residents with south facing units will now have a view of this project though, but if they thought they would have the south view for a while, they should have done more research.

The Grayhound parcel may come into play if the multimodal hub is built near West Hargett. Then the Quorum will feel even more connected than it does now!

Archived