Summer Lights

nashscan

With the departure of Nashville Riverstages AND Dancin in the District, the time is now to get non-country based acts downtown during the spring and summer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't have any outdoor non-country music festivals anymore. It was such a tradition for us growing up. Eating At S'barro, going to see Patrick in the Smoke Shop on 2nd ave. And going through our "secret passageway" down to fist avenue to chill as the sun set, listening to bands.

Anybody know how we can get a summer lights type event back in town?

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not too many details here, but I know a festival is being discussed. This one already has the dates. There was talk not too long ago about a huge festival for downtown, but I haven't heard anything lately. That means I haven't heard anything about the progress of it or its demise. Perhaps something will come out soon. This will explain a little about the former Dancin' and Riverstages.

http://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/stori.../25/story5.html

With the departure of Nashville Riverstages AND Dancin in the District, the time is now to get non-country based acts downtown during the spring and summer. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't have any outdoor non-country music festivals anymore. It was such a tradition for us growing up. Eating At S'barro, going to see Patrick in the Smoke Shop on 2nd ave. And going through our "secret passageway" down to fist avenue to chill as the sun set, listening to bands.

Anybody know how we can get a summer lights type event back in town?

the outdoor concert festivals are fun and would be great, but summer lights was so much fun because it was a mix of music, vendors, entertainment etc...I really miss it even though I was very young when it was still going on. I remember my parents would set up a tent for their store and I would be down there until 10 PM with them as a little kid and thought it was the coolest thing in the world

Do you all remember the Italian Street Fetival (or something to that effect, I think I was like 3,4,5 and 6 when I went)? From what I remember it was in Centennial Park and it was really cool....granted I was little, that would be cool to bring back. I would love to see us have some festivals celebrating the diversity we have. For instance, a Chinese New Year Celebration, some sort of Kurdish something (it's just so rare and unique that we have such a population), perhaps a celebration of Carnival for our Hispanic residents....generally I just think we need to have some more commerations/celebrations/street festival/ things like Summer Lights to bring people in the city and bring them together as a community.

Archived