Elizabeth Projects (7th St, Elizabeth Ave, etc)

JunktionFET

19 hours ago, CoffeeSamurai said:

Slight detour from the current discussion:

I noticed today that Cuisine Malaya is gone and they are tearing down that building. I remember when the coffee bar was closed. City bagel also looks closed; did that close? 

Ive been on the road that last few weeks and must have missed this. I actually liked city deli and Cuisine Malaya looked good for a quick Chinese food craving. Is that whole strip destined for redevelopment? 

image.jpeg

CPCC bought all of those buildings unfortunately.

A lot of those business owners were eagerly awaiting the street car and the additional feet that would bring to the area, then shortly after it opens, CPCC buys their buidlings and plans to tear them down. 

21 hours ago, CoffeeSamurai said:

Slight detour from the current discussion:

I noticed today that Cuisine Malaya is gone and they are tearing down that building. I remember when the coffee bar was closed. City bagel also looks closed; did that close? 

Ive been on the road that last few weeks and must have missed this. I actually liked city deli and Cuisine Malaya looked good for a quick Chinese food craving. Is that whole strip destined for redevelopment? 

Cuisine Malaya was the only Malaysian food in town, a type of food I love and a truly underrated gem. I am incredibly angry at the loss of these businesses (City Deli and Crown Station were good too). I don't know if anyone has seen renderings or learned details of the CPCC building that will be going here, but I have the lowest of expectations. 

• 3 weeks later...

I hadn't known of this before: Charlotte Agenda article about the apartments on Monroe Rd, just after Lupie's and the tracks, razed to construct watershed area and greenway.

Does anyone know how much of it will have a greenway trail? Like over to the Montessori school and Indy Blvd, or over toward the Expo Center?

• 3 weeks later...

That is great news!!! My one concern is I hope Conformity keeps a pharmacy/drugstore/small grocer in one of the spaces. As a resident of the hood, being able to walk to Dollar General has been clutch and a great reason to live in the hood. I'm just hoping to be able to still walk over and grab trash bags, etc in the future. Other than that I don't think I could be happier about who purchased the center. That center has such great potential. 

Does that include the Starbucks/Crisp building too?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, sakami said:

Crisp closed its doors at their 7th St location today. According to an email going around the Elizabeth neighborhood Heroes is closing too and the complex owner Asana is in talks to acquire the Dollar General building portion too. Sad day. 

But not starbucks? Heroes... I really hope they find another good location. That's a real shame. Wow.

On 11/18/2016 at 8:50 PM, SgtCampsalot said:

But not starbucks? Heroes... I really hope they find another good location. That's a real shame. Wow.

Looks like someone bought the whole building in September for $2.4 millon.  Sound like a lot to just get higher end tenants.  Such a shame.  My wife and I were enjoying a coffee outside at that starbucks last weekend and we both said that area needs more of that type of retail.  Now the dump that is next door is another story.