Elizabeth Projects (7th St, Elizabeth Ave, etc)

JunktionFET

Shelton Drum has been the Hero man. He lives walking distance from his store and has no interest in making his life one bit more complex at this point. I agree on personal, neighborhood and philosophical grounds.

1 hour ago, sakami said:

In very interesting news Heroes decided not to move to NoDa and instead converted their warehouse space into their "new" retail location. Owner said on FB he just didn't want to leave the neighborhood. 417 Pecan Ave right behind the parking lot to the Starbucks/Crisp building. 

IMG_5979.PNG

5 hours ago, tarhoosier said:

Shelton Drum has been the Hero man. He lives walking distance from his store and has no interest in making his life one bit more complex at this point. I agree on personal, neighborhood and philosophical grounds.

when I had talked to one of the employees in the comic store, he said that the NoDa location would not be ready until December. He didn't explain why there was a delay. He said since the NoDa location was delayed and their lease at their current location was up this month, the store owner decided to buy the warehouse in the back. So now they won't have to move! Wonder where they will be storing things now since the warehouse is the store.

12 hours ago, norm21499 said:

when I had talked to one of the employees in the comic store, he said that the NoDa location would not be ready until December. He didn't explain why there was a delay. He said since the NoDa location was delayed and their lease at their current location was up this month, the store owner decided to buy the warehouse in the back. So now they won't have to move! Wonder where they will be storing things now since the warehouse is the store.

Any one of the thousands of storage units being built around the inner city!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

Developed by a company that develops Fed Ex Distribution Centers....

A little before my time in the neighborhood, but I understand that someone started buying and demolishing houses on that block in 2007.  So I will applaud their willingness to step up, take over, and build.  Even if it was an actual FedEx distribution center.  Wouldn't we all love to watch the rezoning for a FedEx distribution center in Elizabeth?  

Edited by teeg
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

"The site is steps away from the Lynx Gold Line streetcar system, the second phase of which is under construction now."

Is this a true statement?  If it is on the corner of Baldwin and 3rd, then you still have to cross heavily trafficked 4th/Randolph and walk around the corner to get to Elizabeth and the street car. I guess it is within steps of the Gold Line, but 4th doesn't seem like it would be fun to cross on foot twice a day.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jtmonk said:

Not bad. I've been waiting for midtown to get some projects like this.  Have you guys heard anything else about the mixed use project at Baxter and Kings Drive that was purposed a few years ago?  

I think that parts of it are moving forward right now.

10 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

"The site is steps away from the Lynx Gold Line streetcar system, the second phase of which is under construction now."

Is this a true statement?  If it is on the corner of Baldwin and 3rd, then you still have to cross heavily trafficked 4th/Randolph and walk around the corner to get to Elizabeth and the street car. I guess it is within steps of the Gold Line, but 4th doesn't seem like it would be fun to cross on foot twice a day.

If you look at the map, you will see that across 4th, is that massive gravel lot, I am fairly certain there is a nice project that is just waiting to find a suitor! But planning pedestrian arteries with that in mind should be easier.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scribe said:

If you look at the map, you will see that across 4th, is that massive gravel lot, I am fairly certain there is a nice project that is just waiting to find a suitor! But planning pedestrian arteries with that in mind should be easier.

More like there is a developer not moving fast enough on his land holdings >:o. I'm actually really pissed off about this. It shows just how much promise this area has and Clay Grubb is just sitting there letting it go. Literally there should be thousands of people living in this little area only 5 min from uptown. Literally in viewing distance. Spitting Distance. This just flabbergasted.

3 minutes ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

More like there is a developer not moving fast enough on his land holdings >:o. I'm actually really pissed off about this. It shows just how much promise this area has and Clay Grubb is just sitting there letting it go. Literally there should be thousands of people living in this little area only 5 min from uptown. Literally in viewing distance. Spitting Distance. This just flabbergasted.

I am not disagreeing, I am just saying that the baldwin project has great potential for easy access to the trolley/streetcar.

5 minutes ago, Scribe said:

I am not disagreeing, I am just saying that the baldwin project has great potential for easy access to the trolley/streetcar.

I know. I'm just upset about Grubb right now, Its the biggest no brainer of all the area's around uptown.