Elizabeth Projects (7th St, Elizabeth Ave, etc)

JunktionFET

Wow... Granted I live close to here, but this is really exciting to me.  I love the view and think a MLS stadium would help further development on the empty lots along the streetcar, as well as further development down 7th Street.  The initial report is that the stadium would hold 19,000, and be funded by the city and county ($50M each).  The city would use the hotel tax. 

Memorial.jpg

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 3

im all for the project but 150million for 20,000 outdoor seats. Really?   Do we have millions just laying around? I dont mind cities paying some for sports arenas etc but why 2/3, 20 days of free usage and not be able to control it?   Make Bruton pay half or more if we are gonna play by his rules.   We are always getting shafted in these deals. I think the observer said the county's 50million share would come from property taxes so Ill enjoy that increase. 

Again, Id love to see something done with this stadium/area but I dont want to pay for somebody to get rich and then be told what to do. Where is Trump when we need somebody to make a deal!!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
43 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

That was the old Athens restaurant site 

RIP

IMO there are two things that Charlotte is incredibly bad at: late night drunk food and decent hangover breakfasts. Loosing Athens took us backwards on both counts.

(Two new Waffle Houses, one uptown and one in Southend, would go a long way towards solving this problem)

• Like 3

On 2/23/2017 at 8:48 PM, J-Rob said:

Lupie's is on the edge of Grier Heights more than Elizabeth, but this seems like as good a thread as any for this.  They have been working on this mural for several weeks.  I think it is really cool.  Really pops out.  IMO, more proof the Ascent mural sucks.

58af9090d6614_Lupies.thumb.jpg.88463e9ab2c1a2aba42cc2da8d06cda6.jpg

Part of me really enjoyed the look of this mural when it was half done, and partly just outlined.  But I do love this Mural now that its complete and this little section of Monroe road as it grows. 

• Like 1