Elizabeth Projects (7th St, Elizabeth Ave, etc)

JunktionFET

On 2/23/2017 at 8:38 PM, J-Rob said:

Here are a few pics of the Langston across from where Jackalope Jacks currently is on 7th.  You can slightly make out Uptown for some perspective on the proximity.  With the retail going in across the street in the Faison project, this would be a cool place to live if I was still in the apartment stage. 

58af8d033265f_TheLangston2.thumb.jpg.b94bb5725acff6d3c02af1ce47da59cc.jpg

That Faison project looks like will be breaking ground this summer.  60 units (targeted at older demographic) and 21k sq ft of retail....going to be a nice little urban stretch.

http://www.bizjournals.com/charlotte/news/2017/04/28/faison-to-break-ground-on-mixed-use-project-in.html

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

^Here is a @Jayvee article.  It wasn't killed, but it did take a long time to get approved.

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/36314/7th-street-development-faison-elizabeth/

Disclaimer: This isn't the most current renderings.  They scaled back some since this was released, but I just did a 30 second google search to find and paste here.  If you go through some of the previous pages to this thread you can find more recent information.

Faison.jpg.7c3a91c40424e68e8bcac510bf6374ff.jpg

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a shot of the work in progress of the shopping center at the corner of 7th and Pecan. Just the shell seems to be left of the old Roy White Flowers building and they are planning on a new facade for the remainder of the center. Parking is a nightmare right now. 

IMG_5783.JPG

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Crown said:

"Caswell Station" taking the place of Kennedy's in Elizabeth

DGlN2ZnVwAE6MsQ.jpg

Now all three of the bars I used to get plastered at in Elizabeth are gone.  SAD!  

Not that Kennedy's was an establishment, or even that good.  But it certainly had its heyday.  Good times back in '09 on that corner, with some granola band jamming away over at P-stones.  The times they are a changin.

• Like 4

Jackalope Jacks, etc. officially demolished to make way for the Faison project (with The Langston across 7th in the background (picture 1).  I think the curved roof-line on this renovation next to Sandwich Max (also next to The Langston) was kind of unique and adds some flare (picture 2).

Faison.png.e2af0f2639a417109348c4c2f6e64364.png598aff5cafe74_SandwichMax.png.5beeef21ac9d3ba343b7547a0cc78739.png

• Like 2

On 8/17/2017 at 9:50 PM, atlrvr said:

Yes.... will be 114 townhouse units.

So I predict that the Charlotte Planning department will do little if anything to address the enormous connectivity opportunity that this development presents.  Who is willing to bet me on this one.?

• Like 1

Do you mean connectivity within the project or to other streets? Looking at the map it seems like there are few ways to connect to existing roads when you take the creek and the retirement home on the other side into account. 

On 8/21/2017 at 1:34 PM, archiham04 said:

So I predict that the Charlotte Planning department will do little if anything to address the enormous connectivity opportunity that this development presents.  Who is willing to bet me on this one.?

This development occurs at the exact point in the city where the street grid disintegrates. There are connections between Monroe and Randolph but there are few and most are circuitous. If this were a Greenfield project the planning department would require interior streets to terminate as a dead-end at the property line for future connections. One would expect they would require the same for an infield project since the planning principles are the same. Unfortunately since Greenfield developments usually have no neighbors it is easier politically to accomplish. Infill neighborhoods have lots of neighbors and it is difficult politically to accomplish connectivity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, sakami said:

In very interesting news Heroes decided not to move to NoDa and instead converted their warehouse space into their "new" retail location. Owner said on FB he just didn't want to leave the neighborhood. 417 Pecan Ave right behind the parking lot to the Starbucks/Crisp building. 

IMG_5979.PNG

Wow, I'm sad by that, but I actually love this location too. It's a sweet little bunker of a building. Even though it's surrounded by a mis-placed SFH's garage door, and a parking lot.

• Like 1