Elizabeth Projects (7th St, Elizabeth Ave, etc)

JunktionFET

I know. I'm just upset about Grubb right now, Its the biggest no brainer of all the area's around uptown.

All of the empty lots and abandoned buildings along Elizabeth Ave.  are embarrassing.  I do a morning run through here several days a week, and I can't tell you how many times I have done run-dreaming about winning the lottery and buying some of the land off of Grubb.   The entire road is sloped in a way that every building added along Elizabeth Ave. could have  view of Uptown.

1 hour ago, JBS said:

I think the neighborhood has a right to decide what gets built in their neighborhood if re-zoning is required.  That said, I definitely wouldn't oppose this if I live there.  As MC's said in another thread, it's a damn shame this isn't being built on the old CO site...

It’s not yet publicly known what is gonna happen at the Co site.  It’s not a terrible looking building. Most importantly, Lincoln Harris has given hope of having a great ground level experience. 

That said. This is an excellent project. Hope it goes vericle fast

1 hour ago, AirNostrumMAD said:

It’s not yet publicly known what is gonna happen at the Co site.  It’s not a terrible looking building. Most importantly, Lincoln Harris has given hope of having a great ground level experience. 

That said. This is an excellent project. Hope it goes vericle fast

On it's not a "terrible looking building" (which I agree with) it makes me wonder what they will build, style wise on the site for the remainder.

The way I see it, and others may disagree, but the BoA tower is or should be the centerpiece of the development. It's going to be the tallest most prominent building in the development. 

We have seen how it is going to turn out...should we expect better physical features from the unannounced buildings or will they go in line with the main tower?

Edit: Sorry that I went off on a tangent in the thread. 

Edited by Popsickle

24 minutes ago, norm21499 said:

What are the chances that thing will actually be built?

That is the million dollar question.  It is stated will not start on spec and this is a large building over 500.000 sq ft by comparison the RailYard is 300.000 sq ft.  They would need a tenant of at least 50,000 sq ft but maybe 100,000 sq ft to get started.  That is a tall order in my book. Possible but may take some time.  Novant rents 50-100K sq ft of space in the Whitehall Corporate Park off I-485 but this space being brand new and in that location would be a lot more expensive. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, atlrvr said:

there's just a couple of very specific points about this proposal that seem to be tenant driven vs spec.

It is quite possible I don't know what I am talking about, but I thought it was odd the article said the 20th floor would have a "private boardroom".  The tenants, I assume, can have the floors built out however they want, so the fact that it called out a private boardroom made me think there was already a tenant. But what do I know....

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

It is quite possible I don't know what I am talking about, but I thought it was odd the article said the 20th floor would have a "private boardroom".  The tenants, I assume, can have the floors built out however they want, so the fact that it called out a private boardroom made me think there was already a tenant. But what do I know....

I'm 75% it has a tenant. It looks preprogrammed for Financial/Accounting IMHO.

For reference on the new proposed Midtown/Elizabeth tower:  the first picture is what sits on the 3rd Street, the second is what sits on the 4th street side currently, and the third is a bunch of empty lots across 4th street from the proposed tower.  To echo what RDF already said, for a developer to tear down a seemingly nice block when there are gravel lots upon gravel lots across the street really highlights Grubbs missed opportunities.  On a different note, if this Papa Johns goes away I will have to find a new one for taking advantage of "Hornets95".   Regarding the tower itself, I love the look, and can't wait to see it finished.  Very exciting.!

Novant.thumb.jpg.d4b05256a5761a5e33d912fc42aebf95.jpg5a1827c9703dd_PapaJs.thumb.jpg.59a7ed3d88e9925443b9af8ab7029bf7.jpgLots.thumb.jpg.86d934d64c3c0433bfbb42f2cdd595a6.jpg

Edited by J-Rob
  • Like 3

Hmmm could this the US  Bank tower I am thinking it will happen when they decide to consolidate their space?    Free or cheaper parking very visible location .   Just thinking out load and since it would be 2-3 years away from completion it could be.  Or a a great law firm anchor. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

The elevations for the P-Stone site apartments are up.

Very high quality materials relative to most new projects.

The flatiron building is all brick and stone, and the 7th St building is all fibre cement shingle and brick.  I don't see any EIFS or vinyl, and cornices are metal trimmed.

Between this and the Langston across 7th, and the little shopping center redevelopment, "downtown Elizabeth" is going to have a pretty high quality feel.

Most of Langston looks high quality,but that section of cheap looking wood balconies kills that building for me.

• 3 weeks later...

image.png.b12eb859dbbce6ad2cb73f0e04b66598.png

Does this article really have 16K views already?!  Nicely done.  I truly hope that this lights a fire under someone and 2018 is a year of progress.  Does anyone know if they are going to remodel the Eagle building in anyway for The Spoke Easy?  The Eagle building looks like it is going to fall down...  Glad for The Spoke Easy, of course, but that building needs to be replaced.  Nicely done on the article.  Hope it hits home.

11 minutes ago, J-Rob said:

image.png.b12eb859dbbce6ad2cb73f0e04b66598.png

Does this article really have 16K views already?!  Nicely done.  I truly hope that this lights a fire under someone and 2018 is a year of progress.  Does anyone know if they are going to remodel the Eagle building in anyway for The Spoke Easy?  The Eagle building looks like it is going to fall down...  Glad for The Spoke Easy, of course, but that building needs to be replaced.  Nicely done on the article.  Hope it hits home.

I wish I got paid by click, the development stories I put up there generally win the week for clicks. People seem to like hearing opinions about development, vs. reporting on development. My "LoSo" piece had 70,000 views, somehow. I'm going to try to do a story a week, and I have a list of about 25 things to write right now. If anyone has something they'd like written about, let me know.

• 5 weeks later...

Article on The Crunkelton...  “I want to create a neighborhood bar that serves everybody… You may see a mechanic drinking a beer and a few bar seats down a hedge fund manager sipping a 25-year Scotch.”

https://www.charlotteagenda.com/113638/crunkelton-cocktails-bar-restaurant-in-elizabeth/

Does anybody know what is up with the Faison project? (which happens to be across the street from The Crunkelton)  The project has sat dormant for months now.  The leveled the old buildings and there hasn't been activity since...

• Like 2