Elizabeth Projects (7th St, Elizabeth Ave, etc)

JunktionFET

• 2 weeks later...

18 minutes ago, sakami said:

There is a visible fire in the rubble of Memorial Stadium right now. I thought they were still in demo so I’m not sure what materials they were working with to cause it. Black smoke is visible over a mile away on this bright clear day.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/firefighters-scramble-to-put-out-large-fire-near-campus-of-cpcc/1004015262

Apparently a fire in the old press box

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2019 at 9:39 AM, t_money said:

Imagine owning one of those homes on the left and getting this flyer.  Ouch.

Lol yes. Though I have noticed over the last 7 years or so that the insecurity that comes from those specific homeowners is what makes neighborhood meetings progressively more onerous to get through: Suddenly these folks are defending every home builder's "property rights," not wanting the neighborhood group to do anything that might inhibit what builders can do (this is hyper-specific to single-family home builders). It's like they move into a place on a lark, and have zero self-awareness once they actually have a say in matters. Entitled obstructionism at its best.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sakami said:

Well it certainly looks official that 5/3 Bank is opening a branch on 7th St. Not quite sure what they are doing with the paint job though. I totally buy into the parking space limitations but man it is disappointing that this is the best we can get. 

62241C1F-533A-48C0-AE67-F5E3067D58EA.jpeg

I get that it’s not exciting, but parking is limited and let’s not forget that banks pay pretty well and 5/3 specifically has an $18 an hour minimum wage.  This branch will likely provide a better income than whatever the alternative tenant would likely be 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Missmylab4 said:

Agreed, this won’t make it. 

IDK... Once all our new neighbors from the 305 hear that they (and me) can get chop-chop from a Chicken Kitchen knockoff, there may be a line out the door.  Cuban style but with yellow rice and curry mustard, please.

I lived on this food (plus Pizza Rustica around the corner from Twist on South Beach at 5 am) in college.

Edited by cltcane
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, t_money said:

Has anyone tried the conveyor sushi place? I think it got a bad health score the first month and I'm wondering if that effected it at all.

I'm not a sushi guy but my wife tried it a few weeks ago and liked it. No food-borne illness either! Apparently the all-you-can-eat price includes non-sushi items as well.

Edited by Vitamin_N
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, t_money said:

Got any update on this one for us?  Went by the other day.  Starting to come together and inside is looking pretty nice.

It's actually crazy how silent they have been. 

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It's actually crazy how silent they have been. 

The site is certainly busy everyday. I drive by it twice a day and there is always activity and so far it looks better than that rendering. 

Still not totally sure about this location. Feels a little bit in no mans land without parking, but hopefully the beer makes it worth a stop 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bruco72 said:

The site is certainly busy everyday. I drive by it twice a day and there is always activity and so far it looks better than that rendering. 

Still not totally sure about this location. Feels a little bit in no mans land without parking, but hopefully the beer makes it worth a stop 

I just talked to them, there will be media coverage in late December early January. Thats when they are hoping to have it pretty much completed. Was invited to tour, but... well, kinda live in NYC.

Edited by Guest

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I just talked to them, there will be media coverage in late December early January. Thats when they are hoping to have it pretty much completed. Was invited to tour, but... well, kinda live in NYC.

Don't you have some UP minions you can send in your place or something?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1