JunktionFET

Elizabeth Projects (7th St, Elizabeth Ave, etc)

Also at CPCC, I am pretty sure that they re-opened the garage at 7th and Charlottetowne, just in time for them to fence off the big surface lot on 7th between the garage and Kings.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, teeg said:

Also at CPCC, I am pretty sure that they re-opened the garage at 7th and Charlottetowne, just in time for them to fence off the big surface lot on 7th between the garage and Kings.

are they planning a parking deck on the surface lot?  Or is this associated with the stadium renovations?

21 hours ago, NOLA2CLT said:

are they planning a parking deck on the surface lot?  Or is this associated with the stadium renovations?

I would imagine its just for construction equipment and laydown?  The rendering still just shows a lot and garage as is now.

https%3A%2F%2Fbucketeer-e05bbc84-baa3-437e-9518-adb32be77984.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F04cdf406-3769-4afe-bd84-4f06bcdf425a_707x401.png

• Like 2

From today's (10/22/2019) Charlotte Business Journal - "High profile Elizabeth project among items approved by Charlotte City Council" by Ashley Fahey

Excerpt:  On Monday, the City Council approved "Crescent Communities' petition to allow a 103,500-square-foot office building, with up to 23,000 square feet of retail space, at a prime site in Elizabeth.  Crescent filed the petition earlier this year after Faison Real Estate Dev. and Investments years-long process to rezone the land at Seventh and Caswell Streets.  Faison has since exited the development business but is working with Crescent on the new plan, which nixes residential uses and includes office and retail space.  The Elizabeth Community Association ultimately came out to support Crescent's plan at the petition's public hearing earlier this year."

Rendering by BB+M Architecture 

Image result for image of crescent communities building at caswell and pecan streets charlotte nc

• Like 4

There is a visible fire in the rubble of Memorial Stadium right now. I thought they were still in demo so I’m not sure what materials they were working with to cause it. Black smoke is visible over a mile away on this bright clear day.

18 minutes ago, sakami said:

There is a visible fire in the rubble of Memorial Stadium right now. I thought they were still in demo so I’m not sure what materials they were working with to cause it. Black smoke is visible over a mile away on this bright clear day.

https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/firefighters-scramble-to-put-out-large-fire-near-campus-of-cpcc/1004015262

Apparently a fire in the old press box

On 11/6/2019 at 9:39 AM, t_money said:

Imagine owning one of those homes on the left and getting this flyer.  Ouch.

Lol yes. Though I have noticed over the last 7 years or so that the insecurity that comes from those specific homeowners is what makes neighborhood meetings progressively more onerous to get through: Suddenly these folks are defending every home builder's "property rights," not wanting the neighborhood group to do anything that might inhibit what builders can do (this is hyper-specific to single-family home builders). It's like they move into a place on a lark, and have zero self-awareness once they actually have a say in matters. Entitled obstructionism at its best.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, sakami said:

Well it certainly looks official that 5/3 Bank is opening a branch on 7th St. Not quite sure what they are doing with the paint job though. I totally buy into the parking space limitations but man it is disappointing that this is the best we can get. 

62241C1F-533A-48C0-AE67-F5E3067D58EA.jpeg

I get that it’s not exciting, but parking is limited and let’s not forget that banks pay pretty well and 5/3 specifically has an $18 an hour minimum wage.  This branch will likely provide a better income than whatever the alternative tenant would likely be 

• Like 3

Walked by the old Nothing But Noodles location on Elizabeth Ave today and there were workers laying new tile on the floor. The permit on the door said it was an unfit but didn’t list a new tenant, just the construction company. Has a new tenant been signed?

52 minutes ago, jjwilli said:

Looks like its a Tropical Grille, a regional chain from the upstate of South Carolina.

https://eattg.com/locations/

Their menu looks horrible.  There is nothing “tropical” about pita bread.  This place is definitely not authentic.  I give it 1 year max, maybe 16 months.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Missmylab4 said:

Agreed, this won’t make it. 

IDK... Once all our new neighbors from the 305 hear that they (and me) can get chop-chop from a Chicken Kitchen knockoff, there may be a line out the door.  Cuban style but with yellow rice and curry mustard, please.

I lived on this food (plus Pizza Rustica around the corner from Twist on South Beach at 5 am) in college.

Edited by cltcane
  • Like 2

Looks like maybe an ok quick place for lunch, but hard to imagine choosing this over Sabor or Viva Chicken... 

Has anyone tried the conveyor sushi place? I think it got a bad health score the first month and I'm wondering if that effected it at all.