JunktionFET

Elizabeth Projects (7th St, Elizabeth Ave, etc)

2 hours ago, t_money said:

Has anyone tried the conveyor sushi place? I think it got a bad health score the first month and I'm wondering if that effected it at all.

I'm not a sushi guy but my wife tried it a few weeks ago and liked it. No food-borne illness either! Apparently the all-you-can-eat price includes non-sushi items as well.

Edited by Vitamin_N
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, t_money said:

Got any update on this one for us?  Went by the other day.  Starting to come together and inside is looking pretty nice.

It's actually crazy how silent they have been. 

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

It's actually crazy how silent they have been. 

The site is certainly busy everyday. I drive by it twice a day and there is always activity and so far it looks better than that rendering. 

Still not totally sure about this location. Feels a little bit in no mans land without parking, but hopefully the beer makes it worth a stop 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Bruco72 said:

The site is certainly busy everyday. I drive by it twice a day and there is always activity and so far it looks better than that rendering. 

Still not totally sure about this location. Feels a little bit in no mans land without parking, but hopefully the beer makes it worth a stop 

I just talked to them, there will be media coverage in late December early January. Thats when they are hoping to have it pretty much completed. Was invited to tour, but... well, kinda live in NYC.

Edited by ricky_davis_fan_21

3 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I just talked to them, there will be media coverage in late December early January. Thats when they are hoping to have it pretty much completed. Was invited to tour, but... well, kinda live in NYC.

Don't you have some UP minions you can send in your place or something?!?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, ricky_davis_fan_21 said:

I've tried, people generally won't let me, I've been able to send @KJHburg a few places though. Also I get FOMO.

@Jayvee will be stopping in soon.

FOMO is what happens when you live in another city :)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, nicholas said:

Is this going to be brick like the rest of CPCC?  Can't remember seeing any renderings for it.

CPCC.jpeg

Yes, it should - the rendering is on the construction fence, and does have a brick facade. 

Edited by Urban Cowboy
  • Like 4

On 12/6/2019 at 10:04 AM, Cadi40 said:

I don’t know it reminds me a little of Pollo Tropical, might have to check it out.

That's what I was thinking. I'm looking forward to this.

All Latin food is not the same, just like Chinese food is different from Japanese, which is different from Korean. It's not recognizing this that makes our food scene lackluster.  

Sabor is Mexicanish / Dominican / Venezuelan based, Viva Chicken is Peruvian, I believe, and this looks to be Cuban based. Different continents, different countries, different flavors. 

Edited by HighRiseHillbilly
  • Like 2

Is the likely scenario KDC going spec with this, or will they wait for a tenant?  Since it sat for the last few years, I kind of hoping they commit and build on spec.  Great location imo.  As KJ said, many decision makers headed Uptown drive past this everyday, and views are unbeatable.  I just wish Novant or whoever would develop some of the vacant land across the street.  It is sooo underutilized, and the businesses on Elizabeth (Earl's Grocery, Viva, etc.) would benefit tremendously from increased density.

This is great news...im glad its finally getting more traction.  Now whats the deal with 7th St/Caswell corner?  Has anyone heard any more info?