JunktionFET

Elizabeth Projects (7th St, Elizabeth Ave, etc)

33 minutes ago, t_money said:

won't that be a pleasant rooftop deck to sit on. nice view of the road.

Backyard on the other side is basically a wildlife sanctuary though.  May not totally offset being next to a highway, but definitely helps.

• Thanks 1

I posted about them a year ago. They are on flood plain and developer raised ground level to allow construction. With the major waterway channeling and waste lines now underground there is perhaps less of a risk (along with raised ground level).

• Like 2

I have a feeling that there are some quasi-permanent residents there, so it would be politically infeasible, but I kind of wish the Budget Inn was razed so the nature preserve could be expanded especially since it basically directly abuts the creek.  

15 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

Just saw this on Twitter not sure if the same rendering we had for this office building or not.  However I think it looks great.  Crescent's new office bldg on 7th St. 

https://www.crescentcommunities.com/commercial/7th-caswell/

Is this the project that was originally residential and had cool building breaks, and it was voted down? 

As a replacement, it's fine. I'm happy the corner is still there, but ehhh...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rufus said:

Is this the project that was originally residential and had cool building breaks, and it was voted down? 

Does anyone have the old renderings of the project that died?

16 hours ago, Rufus said:

this is the new rendering of the office building with retail.  this is what is getting built 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sakami said:

Construction has ramped up at the Crescent project. Starting to get an idea of the footprint. These pictures were taken from the parking lot of Savvy Real Estate on 7th looking toward Lineberger Dentistry. 

2FCCBEB3-4F1C-4A71-8017-9D6BB6FA3E67.jpeg

826A26CA-1802-48EB-9C29-BC4005C84160.jpeg

That vacant lot has been a blight on the neighborhood for too long.  Good to see progress here.

• Like 1