Elizabeth Projects (7th St, Elizabeth Ave, etc)

JunktionFET

12 hours ago, RANYC said:

Anyone know what's about to be built on the Employee Parking Lot for Presbyterian Medical between Hawthorne and Travis Avenue? It's all fenced off and they're starting to dig up pavement.

Looks like they just pulled permits for some lighting.

Noted on 4/15/2021
Electrical Work to install new underground branch power to 22 new LED Pole Lights. Replace 7 existing poles with new LED heads. Install new underground conduits for future Emergency Blue Phone Call Stations. All electrical power is obtained from existing service to remain.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, jjwilli said:

Looks like they just pulled permits for some lighting.

Noted on 4/15/2021
Electrical Work to install new underground branch power to 22 new LED Pole Lights. Replace 7 existing poles with new LED heads. Install new underground conduits for future Emergency Blue Phone Call Stations. All electrical power is obtained from existing service to remain.

ah, thanks for the update.  Disappointed though.

Eastern Federal is the same company that owned the Martha Washington apartments and has assembled the block with the Manor and Starbucks. They seem to love land banking. 

From the Ledger:

• Elizabeth land sale: A key retail center in Elizabeth has been sold to real estate developer Eastern Federal Corp. Property records show Eastern Federal bought two parcels totaling 1.4 acres at the corner of 7th Streetand Pecan Avenue, now home to The Crunkleton, Starbucks and a strip retail center that includes Dollar General. Sales price: $12.75M. Charles Thrift of Thrift Commercial Real Estate tells The Ledger: “There are long-term leases in place. I don’t see anything substantial happening at the property anytime soon.”

Edited by sakami
Incorrectly named old apartment complex

57 minutes ago, sakami said:

Eastern Federal is the same company that owned the Martha White apartments and has assembled the block with the Manor and Starbucks. They seem to love land banking. 

From the Ledger:

• Elizabeth land sale: A key retail center in Elizabeth has been sold to real estate developer Eastern Federal Corp. Property records show Eastern Federal bought two parcels totaling 1.4 acres at the corner of 7th Streetand Pecan Avenue, now home to The Crunkleton, Starbucks and a strip retail center that includes Dollar General. Sales price: $12.75M. Charles Thrift of Thrift Commercial Real Estate tells The Ledger: “There are long-term leases in place. I don’t see anything substantial happening at the property anytime soon.”

That's probably going to end up being a great deal for them. As land values continue to rise in Elizabeth and more apartments get built, they'll be able to redevelop that land once the long-term leases are up and make a few million.

1 hour ago, tarhoosier said:

Martha Washington, maybe? 

Sing along with me: For the finest fluffiest biscuits yet get Martha White self rising flour

(Oh I wish you could be in my head while I imagine the tune and the smell of kitchen and the radio jingle. Divine)

Ha whoops my kids love the Martha White muffins so I make them all the time and they are on my mind constantly. You would think I could get the name right considering I can see the Martha Washington land from my kitchen. 

• Haha 3

• 1 month later...

The Elizabeth Burn Bootcamp owner posted today that they expect to have to find a new location by next summer. What is the owner’s long term plan with this shopping center? Knowing Dollar General is on its way out soon too makes me wonder if that shopping center will last much longer. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...