Creating a community

reednavy05

as a side note, i believe that the Gulch desperately needs to be integrated into any future mass-transit plans. Whatever the mode may be, this is one of the fastest growing residential, dining, and (hopefully) retail area's in town. I believe it needs to be showcased as Nashville's signature urban neighborhood(maybe 2nd to SoBro). Anyways, i just feel that mass-transit, is the next step in this.

Just for my own quick estimate, i would say the best start-up line could be a short line down Demonbreun.

This line would serve many different groups. Tourist, music execs, students, hockey fans, many residents (present and future), and current MTA/Star riders. It could start at the Thermal Plant site, pass the Sommet Center, the Demonbreun St. Landport(integrating MTA and future Star lines), connections to the Gulch/Music Row, and terminate at the Broadway/22nd split near Vandy.

It could be a cheap, "start-up" line that would have the ability to serve many different demographs, and wouldn't necessarily have to be a huge undertaking by the city. It could even begin as typical buses decorated as "moden" with designated stops, to give people the feel of high-brow transit. That would help to overcome one of the many obstacles associated with typical buses. If the line is sucessfull, we can later instal designated lanes or rails.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With places like Level 88 and Bongo Java filling up the area over by Division and 8th (and World Flyte), I would not be surprised to see Pine Street extended to meet with Gleaves Street when Velocity is constructed. That is, if there is a feasible way to connect them. Also, a lot of the Adult entertainment establishments are going up for sale in that area on Division. Tons of space for development and expansion that could eventually create one large urban neighborhood.

Map of possible Pine Street Extension.

• 2 weeks later...

Noticed in the building permits on June 11, a new restaurant coming to the gulch... here is more info I found about it:

expected August opening of the Gulch area's Agave Tequila Lounge, an upscale tequila bar/Mexican restaurant at the former site of Pie Wagon (118 12th Ave. S.) Owners are music industry insiders Ken Levitan, Chris Ferran and Ross Schilling. ...

From this blog:

http://wtle-nashville.blogspot.com/

Noticed in the building permits on June 11, a new restaurant coming to the gulch... here is more info I found about it:

expected August opening of the Gulch area's Agave Tequila Lounge, an upscale tequila bar/Mexican restaurant at the former site of Pie Wagon (118 12th Ave. S.) Owners are music industry insiders Ken Levitan, Chris Ferran and Ross Schilling. ...

From this blog:

http://wtle-nashville.blogspot.com/

Archived