New Airline in Arizona

colin

Small jets flying nonstops are coming soon to Tucson

Southwest currently has the most non-stops out of Tucson's airport (5) of any airline, but that may soon change. I think it's been a long time coming, personally, but I also now refuse to fly out of Phoenix and want Tucson to have more service. Continental already has two non-stop routes: Houston (obviously) and Newark, the latter of which flies a limited schedule and was introduced only a few months ago in response to JetBlue's introduction of flights to JFK.

Anyway, I think the "Tucson to Sacramento" route specifically mentioned is interesting. Actually, if an airline introduced that route, I would probably fly it, just because. But how many people do you think really fly that route and how many of those are really hassled by that pesky Vegas or LAX connection on Southwest?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I HATE SWA

But that's no secret. My company forces me to fly on it everytime I have to go somewhere. On my last trip home, I went from Nashville, to Kansas City, to El Paso, to Albequerque, and finally home to Phoenix. We stopped picked up a couple people at Wendy's Dropped some people off at Broadway and Val Vista before finaly making it to sky harbor. This is my every southwest experience. I can fly non stop Pheonix to Detroit, but If I have to go anywhere else i'm screwed. Down with SWA and their quirky inconvienient ways.

I was once a die-hard fan of Southwest. Now that they have raised their fares, it is not worth the bother of schlepping to Baltimore to catch their flights. Oh sure, they fly into Dulles now. Love the $55.00 taxi fare.....Southwest is really only cheaper if you can reserve waaaay in advance.

I think a lot of people are frustrated with Southwest's policies but keep flying them because they're cheap. But, yeah, I was pretty upset when they raised their fares. It seems like everything that used to be $45-49 is now up closer to $60.

But what ya gonna do?

Archived