Discovery Place

redjeep77

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/ent...ts/16585053.htm

Looks like "Body Worlds" is coming to charlotte. This is huge! Only 10 cities in the US have been fortunate to hold this exibit. I would highly recommend this exhibit to anyone.....the human body is amazing!

I looked around and there isn't a dedicated thread to just discovery place and it's news.....so i figured i'd start my own one.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very cool, I heard about this on NPR a while back. TOTN maybe? Its somewhat controversial, and there are quite a few copy cat exibits in other countries that are even more controversial. (ie, pregnant women, children, etc.) Nice to see Discovery pulling in these great attractions.

Then they will be really offended if they have the same level of marketing as they did here in Boston.....there were pictures of the skinless bodies everywhere.....why would anyone care? Does Charlotte no longer accept science as acceptable?

I saw the exhibit in Munich. It's educational, entertaining and a bit bizarre. Well worth the price of admission. There were plenty of kids and teens at the exhibit. Charlotte shouldn't feel too bad about the prudes though, one or two of the exhibit pieces in Berlin were shrouded because of Catholic pressure groups. The best advice for those groups would be to stay at home and vote with their wallet.

^ according to the NPR story that aired a few months back (if i recall correctly)... the main controversary was - where the bodies were obtained. supposedly the majority of the bodies came from russia and china... and many without documentation as to their full history.

however, i doubt this is the issue that has many offended. i would bet that most of the problems are stemming from the scenario that atlrvr posted on.

I saw this just a while ago in Atlanta. I was down visiting my cousin and his wife and he got tickets from his work, so we went. I don't really remember anyone protesting or evening caring that much; quite the contrary it was a huge success and I remember friends saying you had to buy tickets up to three weeks in advance.

I saw this just a while ago in Atlanta. I was down visiting my cousin and his wife and he got tickets from his work, so we went. I don't really remember anyone protesting or evening caring that much; quite the contrary it was a huge success and I remember friends saying you had to buy tickets up to three weeks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived