Boston Logan International Airport

atlrvr

This thread will be for all Logan info.

A couple of news items to start the topic off:

#1. USAirways has given up on purchasing Delta, which IMO is good news, because of the amount over flights that would have been eliminated, and one of the Shuttle's sold or cancelled. It will also keep airfare from raising too much.

#2. Flyglobespan (a Scotland based airline) has just announced its second trans-atlantic destination from Logan (the first will be Glasgow starting in May). The new destination is Knock Airport in northwest Ireland, and it will be the first (along with JFK) American city with a non-stop from that airport. Logan will get two weekly flights to Knock starting May 30th.

Hopefully Flyglobespan does well with these routes, and they will add other destinations in the UK. There prices seem very reasonable.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Boston is getting a new non-stop flight to Europe.

Iberia will begin 5x weekly service to Madrid starting in May. According to the Globe, this is the first non-stop between the two cities in 22 years.

Iberia will be flying A-340s.

• 4 weeks later...

JetBlue is adding two new non-stops and getting rid of one. The San Juan seasonal service will end May 1st, and will be replaced by non-stop service to Bermuda. They will also be adding a daily non-stop to Charlotte. :) The last one is great for me, since that's where my family is......I flew them a couple of weeks ago, and the free inflight TV and XM Radio made the trip fly by ;)

9 of the 25 gates at Logan will be made available by Delta for Massport to lease to other airlines.....this is good news, since I don't believe Delta has been using those gates anway. The Globe speculates that perhaps Continental or Midwest will move from Terminal C which would allow JetBlue to expand there.

Does Terminal A have it's own customs? If so, they could potentially fill them with international carriers, as 6 of the 9 gates can hold large aircraft.

http://www.boston.com/business/ticker/2007..._to_give_u.html

A couple of additional developments, though nothing finalized yet.

Boston may be getting non-stop to Tokyo's Narita airport within the next year or so. It is Massport's top priority for Logan, and they believe that they have several airlines interested.

http://business.bostonherald.com/businessN...rticleid=187577

Also, Delta may be looking to add non-stop European service within the next two years from Logan. I would London is likely, and maybe Rome, which was due for service pre-9/11.

http://business.bostonherald.com/businessN...rticleid=188124

• 1 month later...

Menino announced that he is offering incentives to patrons and cabbies at Logan who drive hybrid or alternative energy cars. There will be close in parking spaces reserved, and cabbies who drive these types of cars will be promoted to the front of the line.

http://boston.bizjournals.com/boston/stori...tml?jst=b_ln_hl

Sounds reasonable. I wouldn't mind a requirement that all new cabs had to be more eco-frinedly. I wish that Ford would offer a hybrid Crown Vic....

hey everyone, this is just a request: would you mind posting the entire article instead of just the link? Sites like the Herald can't wait to charge you to see their mediocre articles, so anything more than a couple of weeks old is essentially lost, which is both annoying and takes away from the general quality of the forum.

hey everyone, this is just a request: would you mind posting the entire article instead of just the link? Sites like the Herald can't wait to charge you to see their mediocre articles, so anything more than a couple of weeks old is essentially lost, which is both annoying and takes away from the general quality of the forum.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like Continental will finally be taking the space in the new Concourse A, which is only partially occupied by Delta at the moment.

Continental, which now uses five gates in Terminal C, has agreed to move by Nov. 1 to six gates in the $500 million Delta Air Lines Inc. terminal, which opened in March 2005. Directors of the Massachusetts Port Authority, which runs Logan, approved the move yesterday.

It also frees space in Terminal C for Logan's two fastest-growing airlines, discounters AirTran Airways and JetBlue Airways Corp. JetBlue already has committed to rent two or three of the gates Continental is vacating, and on the other side of that terminal, AirTran wants to expand also, but no definite plans are set.

• 2 months later...
Looks like Continental will finally be taking the space in the new Concourse A, which is only partially occupied by Delta at the moment.

Link to the article in the Globe.

Seems to make sense, Delta and Continental are Skyteam....Terminal C is ratty, and works better for the low cost guys. All in all, I'm please.

Does Terminal A have its own customs station?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived