602 Leonard NW Supermercado

Raildudes dad

• 2 months later...

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This particular design actually looks nice with the lighting exct. I am shocked that this will be a grocery store usually owners want a nice inviting place to somewhat show off to the cusomer. I think judgement should hold off til its finished because who knows what they have in mind.

Well there finished and it still looks like crap, so can I judge it now?

If you look at the big blank wall on the side of the railroad tracks the paint looks like it doesn't have enough coats and already is looking kinda dirty. Just wait till this thing ages for a couple years, it will be another "oh god, why would someone build something like that!?"

oh god more family dollar stores i stay on leonard and i cannot think for the life of me why there are 4 dollar stores in such a short distance along this road. one on monroe and leonard. one at Seaward and Leonard 2 at Plymouth and leonard counting the dollar tree. This is madness im suprised they havent attempted to saturate downtown with one on every corner yet maybe its coming.

Well there finished and it still looks like crap, so can I judge it now?

If you look at the big blank wall on the side of the railroad tracks the paint looks like it doesn't have enough coats and already is looking kinda dirty. Just wait till this thing ages for a couple years, it will be another "oh god, why would someone build something like that!?"

Hey, it looks pretty nice at sunset!

pict0028.jpg

Fit & finish detail:

pict0027.jpg

pict0025.jpgpict0029.jpg

On the left is the view from Leonard (parking lot of auto parts place). This end of the building has the store's prep room and back-stage work area (visible through the windows). On the right is a view from...

pict0031.jpgpict0034.jpg

...across the street, a brick company. Their property is essentially one big showroom for their product, with each parking space done up in a different type of paver (labeled!). (Tamias, I thought you'd enjoy these Meijer-esque faux storefronts.) Beautifully landscaped.

PICT0033.jpg

I am always beating up on LA Insurance. Here's why: (Alpine location shown)

pict0024.jpg

Really, they could've hired ANYONE that has ever thought about design that would have produced a better building... Everytime I drive past this thing I swear under my breath, enough that my wife rolls her eyes at me before I even make a sound now because she knows its coming...

Hey I've seen bump-outs, made of press board, bubble gum, and chicken wire, tacked on to old Newaygo Co. mobile homes. They looked better built than Supermercado.

Did you notice while they were building "it", that they were using paper mache and Lincoln Logs?

Archived