Relettering of SouthTrust Building

superjack

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was living in the Wade Hampton Hotel as a returning adult USC student when the Capitol Centre was announced, and Capitol Centre was to be the official name of the building, and Capitol Centre still is the official name of the building as far as I know. The name was created when the building was a mere rendering on the front page of "The State."

Well I don't have any idea who has enough space in the building to slap there name on it but whatever. I would like to see either red or blue lettering on the building I just think it would add to wachovias white and NBSC's blue. I do wish SUNTrust would come to columbia and either buy or build a office tower, I think they are the only ones that are not in our downtown.

The building has taken on the name of whatever company had its logo on the top through the years, but the original name of the building was the Capitol Centre. I've always thought they should put CAPITOL CENTRE across the top and be done with it. I think Collexis, the internet search engine company is in that building. That would be cool for the new adornment: COLLEXIS.

You know I just thought about it, has anyone noticed where the old southtrust sign use to tbe that there is some newer or atlease newer looking panels up there? Also the capital center could use a nice cleaning and the side panels repainted black they are starting to fade I mean the poor building turns 20 this year.

You know I just thought about it, has anyone noticed where the old southtrust sign use to tbe that there is some newer or atlease newer looking panels up there? Also the capital center could use a nice cleaning and the side panels repainted black they are starting to fade I mean the poor building turns 20 this year.

Archived