Can SC be a LEED(er) ?

Spartan

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spartanburg should be proud to have Richie representing the county; he seems to be one of the very few truly progressive political voices in the state. I'm thrilled to see such a bill proposed, and it ties in very nicely with our quest to be a hub in the hydrogen economy.

I also had no idea the QS/1 building was LEED-certified.

In a speech within a speech, USC President Andrew Sorenson talked about all the university's buildings coming out of the ground or planned during the State of the City address at Columbia's city hall the other night, and they're all going to be LEED-certified. So USC is definitely doing its part.

This piece from the Environmental Law Institute shows what a great job the Greenville County School District has done in building "green" facilities. I suppose it would be interesting to see the final LEED ratings on these buildings, since so many have been completed now. I believe the total scope of the development included 70 projects. More information about the construction can be found here.

I thought that Clemson's Quad had been LEED certified. Perhaps, maybe I was only aware that they were going for it..? Nonetheless, they've apparently they've gotten Silver certification. It's great that 70 year old buildings can be made green and that people are willing to take that extra step and acheive the status. :thumbsup:

Greenville News

I thought that Clemson's Quad had been LEED certified. Perhaps, maybe I was only aware that they were going for it..? Nonetheless, they've apparently they've gotten Silver certification. It's great that 70 year old buildings can be made green and that people are willing to take that extra step and acheive the status. :thumbsup:

Greenville News

Greenville News

Archived