Snow Day!

queensguy06

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I work 3rd shift, and when I left work at around 5:30am, it had just started. The further south on I-77 towards Rock Hill I got, it started coming down a bit more. Currently, we're supposed to be somewhere in the 1-4 inch range, from here down towards Fairfield County, just north of Columbia. Since freezing rain is supposed to be falling from around noon until 6pm, I doubt if I'll go in to work tonight, but I'll play it by ear; I hate having to use one of my vacation days for inclement weather, plus I wouldn't mind riding the clock since we'll have very little work to do.

Turbo, just re-read the thread. Your boss is a smart man. After all, there have been over 80 car accidents in the City of Charlotte at this point. BTW, UNC Charlotte is closed, so I am home. Unfortunately, I'll be heading out to CLT (airport) for work this afternoon. Y'all say a silent prayer for me...some passengers love to blame airline staff for weather delays.

My wife and I also moved to Charlotte this past summer from New York. Wow. That is all I will say out of politeness, in regards to people reactions to a dusting of snow.

It has not even accumulated 1 inch. At this point it's more of freezing rain which is just making a sloppy mess. Perfect for some serious fun in empty parking lots. :)

I agree that the snow accumulation is not massive compared to what many transplants have experienced but it's going to switch to freezing rain this afternoon and that's going to make for dangerous driving this evening so it's a good idea to stay home if you can. The accidents are already piling up so why add yourself to the grand total?

got to work around 10:30 this morning. i had planned a half day for appointments to the dentist and accountant... but, they both called this morning to cancel. so, after playing outside - i drove to work. of course, when i got here they decided to let everyone leave and close for the day.... but, i figure i @ least have some posts to read first.

Archived