Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

twoshort

Child Care Costs

11 posts in this topic

Let me preface this by saying I am not planning on having children for a few years. BUT it never hurts to plan ahead. For those of you who use day care, how much are you paying per hour (or does it go per day, I don't even know)? And please, lets not get into whether or not people should stay home with kids and all that, keep it to day care costs.

Thanks!

$160/week during the school year for our 4 yr old. $225/week during the summer for our 4 and 7 yr olds.

$160/week during the school year for our 4 yr old. $225/week during the summer for our 4 and 7 yr olds.

We are considering a place that is around $50 per day or $200 per week. Hours are something like 7-7. We havent decided if we are going to do that yet though.

$65 a day at places like Tutor Time for part time (3 days a week).

We had both our kids at the Salvation Army daycare up until they went to school, the going rates there now, I think, are $150/wk for infants, $140/wk for older toddlers. We still have them there during their school breaks.

We were paying $3.50/hr, min of 20 hours a week at Alphabet Soup for our Infant (she was 16-20 months while there).... so $70 per week. We checked out all the nicer places but the prices were REDICULOUS

Since this thread is about kids, I have a question:

I know Consumer Report withdrew their recent report on car seats, but does anyone have a suggestion on how to find out what car seats have high ratings for up to 80lbs?

BTW, this info is for my mom, I don't speak this language.

I know Consumer Report withdrew their recent report on car seats, but does anyone have a suggestion on how to find out what car seats have high ratings for up to 80lbs?