Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Two things that one doesn't see that often

11 posts in this topic

One would be snow these days in a Southern city. The other would be light rail. Even more rare to see them together. Here are a couple of photos that one of our valued UrbanPlaneteers took this morning and of Charlotte's new light rail line. The line is not open yet, but they have to put 1000 hours test time on each trainset before it can be placed into service. So while the city was shutting down due to the little bit of snow that we got today, they continued to test the trains.

large.jpg

One day soon there will be people waiting on these platforms.

large.jpg

One would be snow these days in a Southern city. The other would be light rail. Even more rare to see them together. Here are a couple of photos that one of our valued UrbanPlaneteers took this morning and of Charlotte's new light rail line. The line is not open yet, but they have to put 1000 hours test time on each trainset before it can be placed into service. So while the city was shutting down due to the little bit of snow that we got today, they continued to test the trains.

looks like the could be using the platforms now :D

That's more snow than we've had all winter. :cry:

wow seriously?

Wow that is a lot of snow. What I'm seeing here is about the same amount (which would be the most) snow we've had all winter here in Ann Arbor, MI.

I'll trade you our -15 degree F temps for that nice light rail system though!

I'll trade you our -15 degree F temps for that nice light rail system though!

LOL , it was around 20* yesterday and i thought it felt pretty nice! Now, that is sad!