New guy

detwaa84

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, I didn't know it was a state at all.

From the aerials, it looks like in some parts, there are huge roads with big looking parking lots that separate big clusters of buildings where the roads seem too narrow for cars. How is that set up, and how has it worked out? Why are the cars all blue?

wow, I didn't know it was a state at all.

From the aerials, it looks like in some parts, there are huge roads with big looking parking lots that separate big clusters of buildings where the roads seem too narrow for cars. How is that set up, and how has it worked out? Why are the cars all blue?

I know there are usually reasons for certain cultures to move to an area in the USA, but I'm not educated on the reason why Iraq's Christian population settled in Detroit. Does it have anything to do with the large Middle Eastern influence in the Detroit Area? What about San Diego?

Did your family move to Detroit proper? Dearborn proper?

Welcome again! :)

I heard the original immigration to Detroit is just about why all immigrants were coming to Detroit, and that's because of simply jobs. I think sometimes we forget, having never known that Detroit, just how incredibly a magnate for all types of people it was, national and international, alike.

I heard the original immigration to Detroit is just about why all immigrants were coming to Detroit, and that's because of simply jobs. I think sometimes we forget, having never known that Detroit, just how incredibly a magnate for all types of people it was, national and international, alike.

No place was ever NYC is terms of being able to pull in the sheer amount of diversity of immigrants, but plenty of cities did a decent job, and Detroit was one of those places.

I'd be interested to hear what you find out about why Arabs and Chaldeans initially chose Detroit. I think the answer to why they continue to come to the region is a bit more obvious, and it's because the former generations laid a base for them.

Archived