Newest plans for Colonel Glenn/I-430 retail corridor

An interesting item that I spotted on the Little Rock Planning Commission's May 24th public hearing is the "Village at Brodie Creek Zoning Site Plan Review." I'm guessing this is the Flake & Kelley / Jim Dailey project, as its location is placed at the NW corner of Colonel Glenn and I-430. If that's the case, this project is moving along faster than I expected. We'll know more when the detailed agenda is posted within the next two weeks.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An interesting item that I spotted on the Little Rock Planning Commission's May 24th public hearing is the "Village at Brodie Creek Zoning Site Plan Review." I'm guessing this is the Flake & Kelley / Jim Dailey project, as its location is placed at the NW corner of Colonel Glenn and I-430. If that's the case, this project is moving along faster than I expected. We'll know more when the detailed agenda is posted within the next two weeks.

Playtime Pizza of Branson is building a 60,000 SF "entertainment center" west of I-430 and just south of the Land Rover/Jaguar dealership. This is the site that I had heard at one point might be a Dave and Buster's, so that's probably out. There's more room up there, so I'd bet this will be part of a shopping center with other retail/restaurants.

Playtime Pizza of Branson is building a 60,000 SF "entertainment center" west of I-430 and just south of the Land Rover/Jaguar dealership. This is the site that I had heard at one point might be a Dave and Buster's, so that's probably out. There's more room up there, so I'd bet this will be part of a shopping center with other retail/restaurants.

ummm... I like Chuck E Cheese's pizza... at least the pepperoni. My wife and I would eat there (and do occasionally) WITHOUT the kids. Maybe I'm just weird. The pizza at Playtime, however, not so hot. But... I am just basing my opinion on one dining experience.

A little description... the place was empty (lunch). The pizza was on a buffet. The air was cold. There were upstairs "retail" spaces available, but only one was occupied (some t-shirt store). There was an area of video games... so, so. The bottom line for me was that my kids just didn't seem to have any fun. :dontknow:

• 4 weeks later...

This Playtime Pizza sounds like it will be much bigger than the one in Branson. Let's hope it's better, too. Arkansas Business states:

• $11 million facility

• 65,000 sq ft

• Indoor Go Karts

• Eight Party Rooms

• Hundreds of Video Games

• Performance Stage

• Bumper Cars

• Rides???

• Bowling

• Black Light Mini Golf

• Events for Groups From 10 to 700

• 125 Employees

PDC Construction is doing the project, which is scheduled for completion this fall. The place in Branson (if my memory serves me well) didn't have bowling, bumper cars, rides, mini golf or a performance stage.

This Playtime Pizza sounds like it will be much bigger than the one in Branson. Let's hope it's better, too. Arkansas Business states:
  • $11 million facility

• 65,000 sq ft

• Indoor Go Karts

• Eight Party Rooms

• Hundreds of Video Games

• Performance Stage

• Bumper Cars

• Rides???

• Bowling

• Black Light Mini Golf

• Events for Groups From 10 to 700

• 125 Employees

PDC Construction is doing the project, which is scheduled for completion this fall. The place in Branson (if my memory serves me well) didn't have bowling, bumper cars, rides, mini golf or a performance stage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

A seven-story office building is proposed, along with two commercial buildings in a development known as The Look Out At Colonel Glenn, to be located on the northwest corner of the Colonel Glenn Road and Lawson Road intersection. The office building, which will be the furthest structure from the road, will be comprised of a parking structure on the first two floors, and 78,125 square feet of office space on the upper five floors. The commercial building next to the office building will contain 14,000 square feet, and the commercial space closest to Colonel Glenn will be reserved for a future commercial building.

In another item of note, it appears that Playtime Pizza is now open. According to some of the mothers and grandmothers in my office, it will cost a pretty penny to hold a party there.

A seven-story office building is proposed, along with two commercial buildings in a development known as The Look Out At Colonel Glenn, to be located on the northwest corner of the Colonel Glenn Road and Lawson Road intersection. The office building, which will be the furthest structure from the road, will be comprised of a parking structure on the first two floors, and 78,125 square feet of office space on the upper five floors. The commercial building next to the office building will contain 14,000 square feet, and the commercial space closest to Colonel Glenn will be reserved for a future commercial building.

In another item of note, it appears that Playtime Pizza is now open. According to some of the mothers and grandmothers in my office, it will cost a pretty penny to hold a party there.

More like DZ, but it certainly could be compared (very favorably) to Chuck E Cheese. They have laser tag, black light miniature golf, bumper cars and other items that interest kids of an older age. I know many coveted the D&B, but if you have a kid, this place far exceeds D&B.

More like DZ, but it certainly could be compared (very favorably) to Chuck E Cheese. They have laser tag, black light miniature golf, bumper cars and other items that interest kids of an older age. I know many coveted the D&B, but if you have a kid, this place far exceeds D&B.

We went to Playtime Pizza Friday night with our family. Kids loved it. We thought it was so-so. We emptied our wallets: the place REQUIRES that you pay to enter b/c the food bar is all you can eat and is not a controlled environment from the entertainment area - strange, questionable concept. This is the second location - first is in Springfield.

My short assessment is that it COULD have been really cool, but I thought the whole theme/decor was poorly executed and decidedly "cheese ball"! If you're looking for X-Site version 2.0 (which was a smaller, yet much better executed concept), you won't find it here. I think a D&B for kids is a good comparison however.

Its like the whole place and everything in it is a cool concept, but its poorly done - lost opportunity. Pizza is always a good idea, but it tasted horrible. The indoor, blacklight 3-D sounds cool, until you go in and realize its the worst layout mini-golf setup you've ever encountered. Lasertag might be good, but it is not yet operational. The one bright spot? Indoor go-karts - the track was too short, but it was a lot of fun...they are quite quick and it was a blast!

I'm sure we'll be back (the kids are already jockeying for a party - a $350 setup for one option according to their flyer), but like so many things it seems to me these days, its kind of a let down.

I'm not sure why I just spent 10 minutes of my life analyzing Playtime Pizza!

Archived