"Blizzard 2007"

Timize

According to WZZM, we're in for a big winter blast tonight into Saturday (which has already begun).

An Alberta Clipper system will slide into the Great Lakes region on Saturday bringing heavier lake-effect snow showers to the region. Southwest-south winds at 8-16 mph will cause a near repeat of Thursday's snowfall, some areas likely getting nearly a foot of snow by Sunday morning. Temperatures will struggle into the low teens with below-zero wind chills.

On Saturday afternoon and evening the system passes through and winds will turn to the west-northwest and gust to nearly 30 mph, bringing near-blizzard-like conditions to the area. Heavy lake-effect snow will continue to fall reducing visibilities to near zero at times. In addition, temperatures will fall to near zero while wind chills readings approach -20

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Perhaps it didn't reach down here, but there was a huge blizzard in 1999 or 2001 or something, at least in Northern Michigan. Some places reported 90 inches of snow over about 4 days. The only part of my car that was visible was the antenna. The drift in front of our garage actually connected to the snow on the roof.

According to WZZM, we're in for a big winter blast tonight into Saturday (which has already begun).

As I was driving home from school today, I could barely see because of the blowing snow. I have so much to do tomorrow and it sucks having to postpone some of my important things on my to-do list. Everybody prepared yet?

Alex - We did have a simliar blizzard-like storm here in GR around 1999-2001 - I remember it specifically because I was in high school and we had 4 days off from school because it was so bad. I don't remember how much snow we received here - but I would expect the north to get more

I am totally prepared for this storm - went out to Meijer at midnight - bought some groceries - bought a huge amount of firewood for this weekend - and I am now home and not leaving. I do have some friends and neighbors coming over for superbowl so that shall be fun.

I may have to break out the snowblower today and tomorrow. I've been able to shovel all the puny snow we've gotten so far this year. In fact, I didn't use my snowblower once last year.

It hasn't really gotten bad here yet MJLO, although it's freakin cold!

Ahhhh... this reminds me of home (Grew up in the Upper Peninsula)

In all reality, this is undoubtedly a very powerful storm and I know that unless I have to, this Yooper in Troll Land will not be driving anywhere unless I have to go pick the Fianc

Archived