"Blizzard 2007"

Timize

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^Ditto, but the cold has one good effect. Apparently with it being this cold, they have a really hard time getting busses started in the morning, therefore, i didnt have to go to school today, and i dont have to go tomorrow. :D Yay!

Well, I ended up helping three people who got stuck in the snow yesterday and today. One of them was a driver delivering pizza to one of my neighbors. I couldn't believe that they would request pizza delivery knowing that our street had not been plowed with over a foot of snow. Then of course the next morning their daughter gets stuck trying to drive through the hill of snow at the end of the driveway, created by the snow plow.

Shoveling was fun. I could barely lift my arms this morning.

Ok, first, all you southerners stop bragging about your warm, sunny temps! ;)

Second, there is a reason people are going slower on the roads, ICE makes things SLIPPERY. I am so sick of idiots flying up behind me and then around me (thanks for driving in an uncleared lane b/c now I can't see b/c of the snow flying in my face) 2 miles up the road there you are in the ditch. I bet anyone in law enforcement gets so irritated w/ moronic drivers this time of year. SLOW DOWN. (sorry to vent to those who don't drive like this)

Your correct on what happened. The Road Commission is out today on the freeways with tanker trucks putting down lots of liquid calcium chloride (freeze point -25 degrees F) and spreading salt (sodium chloride) on top of it - the ice is going away:yahoo:. They have 2500 miles of roads to maintain so it might take a while for them to get everything ice free if the weather doesn't warm up :(

I like to ride my bike in the snow sometimes. Its got some decent off road tires on it, so i dont usually get stuck. Plus, doing skids is always fun...

Anyway, 5 miles in snow like that! Your braver than i am. I walked about 3 miles in the snow once, but it was really horrible because there wasnt any sidewalks, in turn my pant legs got wet, which then froze. LOL, not a good time.

Archived