River Tower (Completed)

vdogg

12 hours ago, lil-bear said:

They need to get started! To open in 2019 in 36 months, they should be starting NOW!

I don't think site preparation has started yet.

I'm not sure how old the video is, but 36 months from now would be 2020. It's not that surprising that they haven't started yet, though they do need to at least start on site work by the end of summer IMO if they want to hit the 2019 deadline.

• 2 weeks later...
54 minutes ago, BFG said:

Second tallest? Did something change recently?

Looks like 26 instead of 27 floors.  Still substantial for that area. I mean, how hard would it be to squeeze 15 more feet out of the damn thing...:lol: Better yet, let's add 8 more floors and get past 400. Norfolk needs to start building some 4-500 ft towers. 

Nevermind it's 27, I take that back. You would think we could get an even 350 out of this.

• Like 1

112 out of 138 units leased. The top line was 120 so it looks like they added units due to demand.  If they sell out prior to groundbreaking I don't think 3 more floors for an even 30 is out of the question. Remember, the Westin was announced as a 32 story building but was increased to 38 by the time it broke ground. I'm still extremely happy with this tower. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, jeffconn said:

Looks like i'll have to find somewhere else to eat lunch after 2019. I don't see 757 Crave anywhere in those pics. :tw_cold_sweat:

I ate there 2 weeks ago and asked the waitress there what they were going to do once the building's built. She insisted they would still be there but every rendering I see has them directly in the footprint. She may not be aware that they'll have to move though I presume everything has been worked out with the owners. Hopefully they'll give their employees a heads up before construction starts.

And actually, you'll have to find somewhere else to eat after fall. Starting so late in the year means they'll be proceeding pretty aggressively with the land clearing to hit their 2019 opening date.

My faith in readers of the pilot to find something negative in anything has not been misplaced...

• "Crepe Myrtle
  •  
  • Rank 0

That is a terrible eyesore in that area of Norfolk. Leave the skyscrapers to downtown."

"

• Josh Kimm
  •  
  • Rank 0

Nice place for those that can afford it... Sadly many seniors can't pay those "entrance fees" or even the monthly fees. Sad Norfolk would sell out leaving many out in the cold."

<_< It's amazing we get anything done. 

I'm excited for you guys this is a seriously cool project! I've only lived in Richmond (and VA) for three years, but I am becoming quite fond of Norfolk from my limited travels there--I love DT and Ghent. This coupled with your convention center/Hilton tower and other waterfront projects I keep seeing are really cool. I really get Baltimore Inner Harbor vibes from DT Norfolk, but with continued focus on the area it could really become better in my eyes (with less of the sketchy third world crap you see in Baltimore with all of the scammers). I can't wait to visit again this spring and summer and see all the progress. Don't forget to visit Richmond too, we've got great momentum up this way as well! Cheers to Virginia's urban crescent getting stronger! 

• Like 4