Jump to content

vdogg

River Tower (Under Construction)

Recommended Posts


2 hours ago, tallguy81" said:

Looks like Harbor's Edge 2 will be called River Tower.

Where did you hear this from?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As tallguy alluded to above and according to their marketing material this is now called "River Tower ", so I'm changing the name of the thread. 

http://www.harborsedgenorfolk.com/the-harbors-edge-experience/marketing-events-calendar/

 

It would be nice if we could get someone from the forum to attend one of these meetings and bring back some info...:ph34r:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.townebank.com/~/media/Files/Towne Today/TowneToday_Spring2016_web.pdf?la=en

 

" The skyline along the waterfront in the Fort Norfolk area will be changing soon as plans are finalized to build a second tower at Harbor’s Edge. The 27-story high-rise building will provide an additional 120 luxury apartments to the retirement facility that opened in 2006. Featuring an all-glass exterior, the new building will offer spectacular 360-degree views of the Elizabeth River and Fort Norfolk. Neil Volder, CEO and developer of Harbor’s Edge, says the excitement is already increasing since they started taking reservations. “Our marketing efforts are underway, and we anticipate that we will start selling units in the fall with construction to follow. If all goes according to plan, we expect to celebrate a grand opening in 2019.”

... As the plans were developed, one key factor was to ensure that Harbor’s Edge would continue as one community. A completely renovated  third-floor common area will connect the two towers with multi-purpose spaces, a second theater, and additional dining and bar venues. Current plans even include a restaurant on the 27th floor. “It’s very important to us that our residents in both towers feel connected once the new tower is complete,” Neil said. “In the end, it’s all about bringing everyone together to form a brand new larger and better community.”

 

:o I hope that restaurant will be open to the public. Imagine the views! We'll finally have a TRUE rooftop restaurant in Hampton Roads ***cough**Hilton***cough <_<

With a 2019 open they're probably not starting construction till the first quarter of 2017. If we're lucky maybe late fall groundbreaking, but no real work till spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, vdogg said:

https://www.townebank.com/~/media/Files/Towne Today/TowneToday_Spring2016_web.pdf?la=en

 

" The skyline along the waterfront in the Fort Norfolk area will be changing soon as plans are finalized to build a second tower at Harbor’s Edge. The 27-story high-rise building will provide an additional 120 luxury apartments to the retirement facility that opened in 2006. Featuring an all-glass exterior, the new building will offer spectacular 360-degree views of the Elizabeth River and Fort Norfolk. Neil Volder, CEO and developer of Harbor’s Edge, says the excitement is already increasing since they started taking reservations. “Our marketing efforts are underway, and we anticipate that we will start selling units in the fall with construction to follow. If all goes according to plan, we expect to celebrate a grand opening in 2019.”

... As the plans were developed, one key factor was to ensure that Harbor’s Edge would continue as one community. A completely renovated  third-floor common area will connect the two towers with multi-purpose spaces, a second theater, and additional dining and bar venues. Current plans even include a restaurant on the 27th floor. “It’s very important to us that our residents in both towers feel connected once the new tower is complete,” Neil said. “In the end, it’s all about bringing everyone together to form a brand new larger and better community.”

 

:o I hope that restaurant will be open to the public. Imagine the views! We'll finally have a TRUE rooftop restaurant in Hampton Roads ***cough**Hilton***cough <_<

I think this is for Richmond, if im not correct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, mpretori said:

I think this is for Richmond, if im not correct. 

No, that is incorrect. This is definitely for Norfolk. It is the expansion of the current Harbor's Edge tower in Fort Norfolk. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vdogg said:

No, that is incorrect. This is definitely for Norfolk. It is the expansion of the current Harbor's Edge tower in Fort Norfolk. 

that's exciting!!  is it going to be a renovation or new construction? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

" the new building will offer spectacular 360-degree views of the Elizabeth River and Fort Norfolk. " This quote specifically mentions the Elizabeth River and Fort Norfolk. Don't go giving our tower to Richmond, lol. We'll fight for this one. ;)

1 minute ago, mpretori said:

that's exciting!!  is it going to be a renovation or new construction? 

Brand new construction. The short brick tower is the one that currently exist, the tall shiny one is the one that will be built.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, vdogg said:

" the new building will offer spectacular 360-degree views of the Elizabeth River and Fort Norfolk. " This quote specifically mentions the Elizabeth River and Fort Norfolk. Don't go giving our tower to Richmond, lol. We'll fight for this one. ;)

Brand new construction. The short brick tower is the one that currently exist, the tall shiny one is the one that will be built.

do you know the street address this will be on? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's near the corner of Colley and Brambleton. I think the street is either Front St. or Woodis Ave. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mpretori said:

do you know the street address this will be on? 

Colley Ave & Southampton Ave - SW corner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder why Townebank is building it's regional headquarters in Richmond? If my memory serves me it started out in Hampton Roads. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, urbanvb said:

I wonder why Townebank is building it's regional headquarters in Richmond? If my memory serves me it started out in Hampton Roads. 

It's just the Richmond regional HQ. Nothing to worry about.

Edited by OBXastronaut

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

At vdogg's request, here are some google earth captures with a massing that approximates the River Tower included.  This gives an idea of what impact River Tower will have on the city's skyline.  The pics below capture a few common skyline viewing angles.  Note, I added a box representing the Hilton as well.

1.  Helicopter view over EVMS.  29055779960_e626534dfd_k.jpg

 

2.  Helicopter view over the Berkley Bridge (think of the old WAVY TV news opens)29343212975_5bcc000d41_k.jpg

 

3.  View from the Berkley Bridge29264345331_2a3df578f0_k.jpg

 

4.  View from I-264 westbound near Exit 929343208365_83672a1afc_k.jpg

 

5.  WAVY TV 10 Tower Cam view

28722373103_1ce08914a3_k.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's gonna have quite a presence in that area. Looks kinda lonely though.  It'll be nice to get the rest of Fort Norfolk built out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lammius said:

At vdogg's request, here are some google earth captures with a massing that approximates the River Tower included.  This gives an idea of what impact River Tower will have on the city's skyline.  The pics below capture a few common skyline viewing angles.  Note, I added a box representing the Hilton as well.

1.  Helicopter view over EVMS.  29055779960_e626534dfd_k.jpg

 

2.  Helicopter view over the Berkley Bridge (think of the old WAVY TV news opens)29343212975_5bcc000d41_k.jpg

 

3.  View from the Berkley Bridge29264345331_2a3df578f0_k.jpg

 

4.  View from I-264 westbound near Exit 929343208365_83672a1afc_k.jpg

 

5.  WAVY TV 10 Tower Cam view

28722373103_1ce08914a3_k.jpg

Hey man would you be able to Photoshop some of the towers planned in RVA like the 3twentyone tower and the Richmond plaza tower? This looks awesome and would go nicely with the gateway towers if they get built.

Edited by blopp1234

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, blopp1234 said:

Hey man would you be able to Photoshop some of the towers planned in RVA like the 3twentyone tower and the Richmond plaza tower? This looks awesome and would go nicely with the gateway towers if they get built.

I got you.  I took a shot at it (I had to do a little homework, since I'm not as familiar with Richmond or what's going on there).  Check it out: 

 

4 hours ago, vdogg said:

I think lammius is gonna have to start charging money. :lol:

First one is free :D

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, lil-bear said:

WOW. So by saying 2019, that can be between 26 and 37 months away. LOL.

Either way, shouldn't construction be starting soon?

I would guess a spring/summer 2017 start then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, carolinaboy said:

I would guess a spring/summer 2017 start then?

At the absolute latest.  That's a big building to complete in 2 years. I think the main will take 3 once all is said and done.  They need to start going through design review like now, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.