Planning & Zoning Commission

A lot of good information is available on Springfield's city website. Specifically, on the Planning & Zoning Commission's page in the eGov section.

http://www.ci.springfield.mo.us/egov/board...on/agendas.html

Specific items on P&Z's agenda for their February 8th meeting include:

1) Neighbor's Knoll. The developers are seeking to have 14.98 acres of undeveloped land at Hwy 65, Evans Rd, and the planned Riverbluff Parkway rezoned from a County District to a Planned Development. The rezoning proposal indicates the property could include a maximum of 100 residential units and 200,000 to 250,000 sf of office/retail. The preliminary schematic indicates a total of fourteen buildings in the development.

http://www.ci.springfield.mo.us/egov/board...files/pd302.pdf

2) Don & Pat McCurry. The applicants are seeking to have approximately 92 acres of undeveloped land located at 3800 W. Sunshine (just west of the Wal-Mart Supercenter at Sunshine and West Bypass) rezoned from Single-Family Residential to a Highway Commercial district. Specific development possibilities for the property are not mentioned. In addition to Sunshine, the property also has West Bypass frontage.

http://www.ci.springfield.mo.us/egov/board...es/Z-1-2007.pdf

Two proposals for different corners of the intersection of National and Chestnut Expressway were on the agenda of P&Z's January 11th meeting:

1) G2 LLC. On the NE corner, the developers are seeking to have 3.05 acres of land (including six existing houses) rezoned from Single-Family Residential and Office District to a Planned Development. The rezoning proposal indicates the development would be upscale and have approximately 50,000 sf of retail/office space (including 4,250 sf of restaurant space) in four buildings and a minimum of five loft apartments. Work is expented to begin in mid-summer, 2007. Potential tenants include San Franciso Oven, a coffee shop, and a bank branch.

http://www.ci.springfield.mo.us/egov/board...files/PD316.pdf

2) Big Windows LLC. The commission reviewed a preliminary plat for the Lofts at Jordan Creek Condominiums. On the SW corner, the developers are planning to redevelop 3.1 acres with two exisiting commercial buildings. The development would consist of two phases. The first phase would involve converting the larger building into 22 condominium units. The first floor would be split into two larger commercial condos with the second and third floors each having ten residential condos. The second phase would convert the smaller building into two condos (commercial or residential was not specified).

http://www.ci.springfield.mo.us/egov/board...JordanCreek.pdf

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...that is some great information, thanks MSU Alum! I knew that website was good for alot of sources, I just never knew that they had a planning and zoning commision link in there. All of those developments are very exciting to say the least. I am most excited about the NE corner of Chestnut and National Ave. Althgough I am a little skeptical about how upscale this will really be. The houses in that area are on the downside, but OTC is right across the street and Evangel is just up the road, I really just wnat some reders. None-the-less these developments will be a great assest for the city. Once again thanks for that info!

P.S. Isn't San Francisco Oven a popular restaurant?

After looking at the website I noticed that Springfield already has a San Francisco Oven on East Sunshine right by the Glenstone Sunshine intersection. The food looks amazing so I will have to go and try this. I'm sure they will open another location at Naional and Chestnust, there is like 40,000+ college kids that live within a mile of that development...they will eat this up!

After looking at the website I noticed that Springfield already has a San Francisco Oven on East Sunshine right by the Glenstone Sunshine intersection. The food looks amazing so I will have to go and try this. I'm sure they will open another location at Naional and Chestnust, there is like 40,000+ college kids that live within a mile of that development...they will eat this up!

I have been to San Francisco Oven almost every week for lunch since they have opened in June 2006. I have always been extremely satisfied with the service, food, and ambience of the restaurant, plus they have wi-fi which is great! I am sorry to hear that you had one bad experience over six months ago; I have always been very pleased. The selection and quality is a step above most, if not all, of the other "lunch" choices in town. I hope they do open more locations in town - I can't wait for the Green Circle location, since it is closer to my business and home. Unique - San Francisco Oven IS unique!!

I have been to San Francisco Oven almost every week for lunch since they have opened in June 2006. I have always been extremely satisfied with the service, food, and ambience of the restaurant, plus they have wi-fi which is great! I am sorry to hear that you had one bad experience over six months ago; I have always been very pleased. The selection and quality is a step above most, if not all, of the other "lunch" choices in town. I hope they do open more locations in town - I can't wait for the Green Circle location, since it is closer to my business and home. Unique - San Francisco Oven IS unique!!

Archived