How many times u wasted to commute to work?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With the invention of the Charlotte Outerbelt (otherwise known as I-485) my 36.5 mile commute (one way) has been cut down from about 55 minutes to right around 30 minutes. No, I do not live inside the loop, I am a suburbanite, LOL!

i take about ten minutes by bus to get to school, but i know a few idiots who live as far away as sacramento, who commute back and forth daily, to get here to SF

I heard of a guy who commuted 2 1/2 hours to work in downtown SF each way! Talk about an insane commute....

Do many people who work in downtown SF live in Sacramento? That must be one awful commute! The distance and the traffic would be too much for me to handle.

i take about ten minutes by bus to get to school, but i know a few idiots who live as far away as sacramento, who commute back and forth daily, to get here to SF

Wow, that's one long commute from Sacramento to San Fran!

I think I'm pretty lucky. From door to door it's around 25 minutes. I take the el (two lines, one transfer). After work it is only a ten minute straight shot into the Loop and after class into the subway and home in 30 minutes. I'm on the el all of the time it seems, but I always have a textbook with me, so I stay current in my readings. I don't mind the commute, but I can't wait to finish school and find a place closer in. I envy those guys who roll out of bed and stroll into the Loop.

I think I'm pretty lucky. From door to door it's around 25 minutes. I take the el (two lines, one transfer). After work it is only a ten minute straight shot into the Loop and after class into the subway and home in 30 minutes. I'm on the el all of the time it seems, but I always have a textbook with me, so I stay current in my readings. I don't mind the commute, but I can't wait to finish school and find a place closer in. I envy those guys who roll out of bed and stroll into the Loop.

So you're from Chicago?

^ Yup. Northside. Uptown to be exact. Well, Sheridan and Irving to be really exact.

Not a bad place to be! I lived at State/Superior and to be honest sometimes I had wished I lived further north. The cost of living in the Gold Coast district is horrendous. I would definately consider a move back to Chicago for the right job offer and if I did make the move I would try to get a condo on the northside. You envy those who live downtown yet I envy you for living in Chicago at all! 8-)

^ Yup. Northside. Uptown to be exact. Well, Sheridan and Irving to be really exact.

Awesome. Chicago is definately near the top of cities I'd enjoy living in. I want to be a part of Detroit's rebound, but if that doesn't quite work out, Chicago would be my second choice.

Archived