New Urbanism

richyb83

"Yes, its the neighborhood's fault"

Its every subdivisions fault has a single entrance or discourages connectivity with confusing street layouts. Yes.

However, suburban development is less desirable when there is connectivity. When the only purpose of a road is to drive from point A to B as quickly as possible, why would you want someone cutting through your subdivision on the way to some strip mall? I wouldn't... (but I would also never live in a subdivision, just saying I get your point)

And the Perkins Connector may relive congestion along Bluebonnet but congestion along Perkins will remain, as its the only option for people to enter their subdivisions whether they use the connector road to avoid Bluebonnet or not.

This is NOT about dispersing Mall traffic....the Perkins/Picardy Connector will take care of that....

This is about giving a large TND another outlet option besides traffic riddled Perkins Road......if done right (hard to do in BR)  a back entrance for Settlement of Willow Grove can connect to the BACK of High Grove(slightly hidden) off the beaten path.....most will not realize the street back there & will NOT use it as a ""Cut-Thru""" as the tangled maze of broken-grid of streets will make it too much a pain in the azz to get all the way down to Perkins Road

Edited by richyb83
  • Like 1

This is NOT about dispersing Mall traffic....the Perkins/Picardy Connector will take care of that....

This is about giving a large TND another outlet option besides traffic riddled Perkins Road......if done right (hard to do in BR) a back entrance for Settlement of Willow Grove can connect to the BACK of High Grove(slightly hidden) off the beaten path.....most will not realize the street back there & will NOT use it as a ""Cut-Thru""" as the tangled maze of broken-grid of streets will make it too much a pain in the azz to get all the way down to Perkins Rowe

No no no. Don't you understand? We as a city NEED shoppers cutting thru residential neighborhoods so they can avoid traffic. Those people have precious coupons and they need to shop! Screw public safety!! Your way of thinking is what's holding this city back!!!

/sarc

If you really want to be technical, there are at least 4 different ways to get into the not-so-large Settlement at Willow Grove TND. Yes, they all tie into Perkins, but if you're trying to find a poster child for some vulgar, one entrance subdivision, this isn't the place to look.

Edited by garrett_225

Well, I would have preferred to say, "Normally when someone states their disagreement on a topic, they follow it with a rebuttal," but you aren't here to have discussions, you're here to leave one liners without actually addressing the topic...

So I believed "lolz" would be a more appropriate response and judging by your reply, I would think it was. :thumbsup:

^lolz

• Like 1

Well, I would have preferred to say, "Normally when someone states their disagreement on a topic, they follow it with a rebuttal," but you aren't here to have discussions, you're here to leave one liners without actually addressing the topic...

So I believed "lolz" would be a more appropriate response and judging by your reply, I would think it was. :thumbsup:

^lolz

Once you start posting something worth discussing I'll leave a detailed response. Until then.....

lawlz

just curious, do you think it's an example of good urban planning?

Like was already mentioned, it has numerous entrances. You are never going to convince me that it's poor planning because it doesn't have a major road running through the middle of it. It buffers a rail line for gods sake.

• Like 1