Grove Street School Illegal Demolition

jencoleslaw

frankly, i think eminent domain should be the last resort. they are waiting until all court proceedings are complete before they'll take any action towards ED, which is what they should be doing. i am not a huge fan of ED, but in some cases, like this one where the owner blatantly broke the law, it can, and should, be used... but only after all other means are exhausted.

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...
True...

though water infiltration for the next say 6 months is not going to be a problem. I just toured the old colony bank building in pawtucket, which has been leaking for 10 years, and it is most definitely salvageable. The condition of the Grove Street School is light years better, and it most definitely can be restored and converted to residential in a financial feasible way.

Any argument the Tarros come up with to counter that is pure rubbish.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Not a freaking soul. Not a police car, or an arson investigation unit, nothing. The building looks a little charred, the windows are all broken the doors wide open. Certianly anyone who didn't get the job done this morning can go back RIGHT NOW and finish it because the place is deserted.

oddly, the tarps didn't melt.

Archived