CONSTRUCTION THREAD: New park on 14

gs3

Hey guys, I'm really interested in any additional info on this planned park. On Highway 14, just down from the Batesville Road intersection, are the remains of an old mill (beside the water treatment facility). Did I dream this, or is this area becoming a park? Who is creating this park? The county? There is now parking under construction at this site, and I know the old mill office was saved and moved to be restored. The dam is so cool. Such a beautiful area! :thumbsup::thumbsup: I look forward to what this can become. Any info, site plans, etc, please share.

DSC00991.jpg

DSC00992.jpg

DSC00994.jpg

DSC00995.jpg

DSC00993.jpg

DSC00996.jpg

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This was a park before they sewer treatment plan was built. I spent many evenings there in high school. Hopefully once the treatments center is finished it will be opened back up. We used to site on the damn and watch cars cross the enroee river bridge.

They didn't leave the old building, it was actually moved (as gsupstate stated) to the existing park from across Hwy 14 when the road was recently widened and the old mill office was in the way. The building did not do fare when moved. It is in very poor shape. There was supposed to be fund raising to restore the building, but that group seems to have disappeared. I suspect the park was "temporarily closed" due to the Western Carolina construction. It's a shame that the building restoration couldn't have taken place during the closure.

The resent parks plan that was presented during the County's hospitality tax debate included renovations and improvements for many existing parks. Does anyone have access to that information to see if this park is included?

• 9 months later...

I've been out of town for the holidays and missed most of the news, but heard from a friend that big news was announced on this park. Apparently, construction on this park should start within the next month. The news calls for this park to be another "Falls Park" type development.....a suburban version. :thumbsup:

Anyone have details? Info? Renderings? :dontknow:

I've been out of town for the holidays and missed most of the news, but heard from a friend that big news was announced on this park. Apparently, construction on this park should start within the next month. The news calls for this park to be another "Falls Park" type development.....a suburban version. :thumbsup:

Anyone have details? Info? Renderings? :dontknow:

The article seemed a bit off to me ... it kind of gave the impression that it was a City of Greer park by referring to the park being in Greer and work being done by "city workers." I could be that it was just poorly written, especially since the reporter had interviewed Gene Smith and hopefully knew he is the GCRD director ... but either way, it doesn't give me a lot of confidence in the accuracy of any of the information

Archived