IKEA Nashville - Commercials

saraphina7

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So IKEA is running commericals in Nashville. That's really odd.

Not to Nashville bash, I've always thought the shopping scene in that town is dismal. And I generally detest shopping!

Haven't I read that most of the big-time national retailers won't even look at a market until its core municipality (e.g. Nashville/Davidson) has a population greater than 600K? If true... now that it's been attained for NSH, it will take a few years for that census info to get digested by the marketers. So, anything's possible (if that's true). By 2010, you guys may see your Nordstrom after all.

FWIW: I've only been in the local IKEA once, and was (frankly) unimpressed. Even my wife (shopper extraordinaire) wasn't turned-on. I can see their niche however.

Not to Nashville bash, I've always thought the shopping scene in that town is dismal. And I generally detest shopping!

Haven't I read that most of the big-time national retailers won't even look at a market until its core municipality (e.g. Nashville/Davidson) has a population greater than 600K? If true... now that it's been attained for NSH, it will take a few years for that census info to get digested by the marketers. So, anything's possible (if that's true). By 2010, you guys may see your Nordstrom after all.

FWIW: I've only been in the local IKEA once, and was (frankly) unimpressed. Even my wife (shopper extraordinaire) wasn't turned-on. I can see their niche however.

Well, as of right now, Nashville shopping IS dismal. But it does seem that we are finally drawing some new stores that I didn't think we'd ever have. (West Elm, Anthropologie, etc.) We still have a long way to go, obviously.

And I moved here from ATL, so I go back there to visit family often. I've been very impressed with the IKEA there, except for the fact that they run out of stock ALL the time. I know of about 15 people from Nashville that take trips to ATL to shop there. I think one would do well here.

I know that IKEA is building a distribution center of sorts in Savannah, GA to help support the ATL store and future stores in the south. Who knows, perhaps one day Nashville will see the big blue box. But until then, don't lie about your zip code when you shop at other locations.

An older news article

Has anyone heard anything about Nashville getting an IKEA? I've noticed them showing a lot of commercials lately....is it just because of the ATL location? Or are they starting a buzz?

• 2 years later...

Ikea only builds stores in cities with a 1.5-2 million+ metro population. Woodbridge is just outside DC in NoVA. I don't see why they wouldn't see Nashville as a good location for one. My fingers are crossed for you! I wish we could get one here in Richmond.

Archived