Flint, Michigan

wolverine

I was on my way back to Ann Arbor, so I figured for once I'd stop and take some pictures of downtown Flint. Unfortunately, it was getting late, my camera was set on auto, and the roads were icy. So I was in constant motion taking these pictures. I figured to make them post-worthy, they would need to be photoshopped a bit. Especially the blurry ones. Hope you enjoy.

flint10.jpg

Coming attractions: None

flint04.jpg

Genesee Towers looms in the distance. A sign beneath it warns of falling concrete.

flint03.jpg

Window Art

flint05.jpg

Mott Foundation

flint06.jpg

Saginaw St.

flint07.jpg

Believe it or not, the ground floor facade on the corner building to the left is brand new.

flint08.jpg

More Saginaw St. Bldgs

flint09.jpg

"I want some of your brown suga...." nvm..

flint11.jpg

Looking back towards the city center. The vacant, but soon to be renovated (hopefully) Durant hotel stands to the left. A massive hole is visible in the center of downtown when planners once though surface parking would bring success.

flint12.jpg

Odyssey House. Really?

flint13.jpg

Advertisement on an optical shop. Didn't know Rhino brand made glasses..er scopes

flint14.jpg

Forgot the name of the building on the left

flint15.jpg

The lights are on, but no one's home

flint16.jpg

Apartment building close to downtown

flint17.jpg

Apartment building close to downtown.

flint18.jpg

Dryden building. Renovated in 2004

flint19.jpg

Saginaw St. Businesses

flint20.jpg

Masonic Temple

fflint20.jpg

Newer addition to the back of the Genesee County Courthouse.

Tha end

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get better vibes in Flint than I do in Saginaw. I don't know, UofM really needs a kick in the pants to jump start some "sense of place" projects in downtown. Saginaw Street has seen some amazing progress though, and that's exciting to see!

I'm going to have to make an extensive visit to the city once it gets to at least -10 outside.

Archived