New York Developer buying property in Germantown

smeagolsfree

From William adn the CP this morning. I spoke to WW about this earlier last week. Nashville has caught the attention of many developers around the nation. For some of the people in the city, this is not welcome because many want things to stay the same and never change. For me, I am glad to see Nashville moving up very fast on a lot of radar screens. We are changing here and in cities like Charlotte, Austin, Memphis, and many other cities in the south. I am afraid the secret is out and we need to accept the change but control what is built with respect to each of the cities that are getting this growth.

I think what ever is planned at this site will be great. Keep your eyes on Germantown guys. This is only the beginning of the work that is about to happen there. This is a great area with a lot of potential for growth and very close to DT.

http://nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?se...p;news_id=54439

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When I was in Nashville last spring, I drove around G'town. It was the first time I'd ever seen that area of DT. What really struck me was the abundance of Victorian row houses that had been/are being restored. I thought it was pretty cool how the streets were quaint and old fashioned looking with DT's modern skyline hovering in the distance. However, it seemed like it still needs a push for a more comprehensive redevelopment. On that note, does anyone on this forum know of (have) a list or plan for what's been going on and planned for that area of town?

This is absolutely great news for Germantown and I look forward to what they come up with. About a year ago they announced a plan in DT Richmond to put a movie theatre in with a mixed-use development. I look forward to what they come up with and I hope they do something creative which will fill a niche in downtown amenities (esp a movie theatre).

• 3 months later...

So this is the developer at this corner. I was not sure what property the were going to develop. I have been seeing earth moved around here for a while now.

After looking at the web site, I am not sure this is the same developemnt.

http://www.4thandmonroe.com/

The article that was mentioned above says it is on Taylor st. and this does not mention Bow Tie Developemnt.

Correct, it is a different developer/project than the one that you reference. My post was not meant to imply that is was the same developer/site as mentioned in the thread heading. It was meant to be a reply to those who had stated that they 'were wondering, or looking forward to what else might be developed in the area'. Sorry for any confusion....just liked '4th and monroe', and wanted to share it here for others to see/comment on....

As do I. If this is to become Nashville's version of Boston's Back Bay with densely developed blocks and blocks of low rise apartment, condo and sinngle family homes, then it will take one small project at a time. Retail should come only in the form of the occasional corner pub or coffee shop or maybe the odd convenience store. But no strip commercial, hotels or (gasp! Should I speak such heresy) no high rises should be allowed. :shok:

Archived