Charter Price Increase

janrey

Anyone else get the increase in prices? I just love their letter. They are charging their customers to improve their customer service and network reliability. Oh and they give a few new channels..all but one is spanish and the one that is not is a music channel. None of this is improvements to me. Anyone know who on the local level I can complain to regarding Charter. I'm beginning to think it's time to get another cable company in to quote rates.

While their "bundles" save money from what ala carte costs, they include a vast majority of programming I don't want or need. I don't want music channels, I can either listen to my CD collection, the radio, or the internet but there are 46 music channels. What are others opinions on this?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And just to pile on Charter, their internet sucks. I have a 1.5 DSL plan from Bellsouth that blows my old 3meg line from Charter away, much lower latency. Maybe slightly slower throughput, but I don't download enough big files to notice. Bellsouth also has an agreement with DirectTV to get phone/TV/internet just like the bundling of Charter, with better service and lower prices.

I have Comcast and for once, I get better speeds on cable than I did on DSL. Verizon DSL sucks, but my boss has FiOS, and OMG..I've never downloaded anything that fast, and the TV and phone are in the same pipe with internet. ..Lets just say that if Greenville gets fiber, the population would skyrocket.

Regarding the monopoly, if there is an attorney who looks here, what I wanted to see if Charter is in violation of Anti-trust laws, or if Greenville County is in violation of some laws, because if you look at Charleston, they have Comcast, Knology, and Time Warner, and the rates are pretty comparative down there from what my friend told me. Likewise Charter sucks, and they even suck up here too. It's a lose lose situation sometimes.

I never received a letter. I just seen that it went up again with no notice. At least their keeping the latino community happy, because they are surely not keeping me happy. I called the day I received my bill and asked if they had anything to keep me as a customer or to lower my bills. Needless to say the operator on the other end must of thought I asked if there is a way to make my bill go up. All 3 options he gave me made my bill go up. I'm still waiting on a letter one day with the words grab anckles, bend over, and because we have a monopoly, in the letter somewhere. It would be nice for someone else to come in and offer more competitive prices.

I have Comcast and for once, I get better speeds on cable than I did on DSL. Verizon DSL sucks, but my boss has FiOS, and OMG..I've never downloaded anything that fast, and the TV and phone are in the same pipe with internet. ..Lets just say that if Greenville gets fiber, the population would skyrocket.

Regarding the monopoly, if there is an attorney who looks here, what I wanted to see if Charter is in violation of Anti-trust laws, or if Greenville County is in violation of some laws, because if you look at Charleston, they have Comcast, Knology, and Time Warner, and the rates are pretty comparative down there from what my friend told me. Likewise Charter sucks, and they even suck up here too. It's a lose lose situation sometimes.

I never received a letter. I just seen that it went up again with no notice. At least their keeping the latino community happy, because they are surely not keeping me happy. I called the day I received my bill and asked if they had anything to keep me as a customer or to lower my bills. Needless to say the operator on the other end must of thought I asked if there is a way to make my bill go up. All 3 options he gave me made my bill go up. I'm still waiting on a letter one day with the words grab anckles, bend over, and because we have a monopoly, in the letter somewhere. It would be nice for someone else to come in and offer more competitive prices.

Yes, I too would like competitve prices. My parents live in Massachusetts and their town offers cable. Rates aren't that great in my opinion though but I guess comparative to whatever other cable is up there it is better. It's less than here though by about $5 and they get an elderly discount.

I don't think that Charter technically has a monopoly, because each municipality has the opportunity every few years to license a different cable company. The problem there is that Charter owns the cable lines, and if they lose their license agreement in any given area, they have the right to rip it all out.

Directv/Tivo/Bellsouth=cheaper+better service.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived