Floor selection

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have heard of cases where the thirteenth floor is labeled 12b ( Example: 11, 12, 12b, 14 15. ) or the floor numbers skip from 12 to 14 (Example: 11, 12, 14, 15). But as for discounts for dwellings on the thirteenth floor, I'd doubt it as builders would likely resort to using the above examples in numbering the floors before droping prices of units.

Are people superstitious when selecting a floor?

Given similar views, plans and prices, would anyone live in a 13th floor condo unit? Would a discount have to be priced in?

Are there any other floors (4th for Asians) that are not "normal"?

• 3 months later...

The most heinous employer I ever worked for had her offices on the 13th floor. Suite 1313 to be exact (if you know your TVLAND trivia, you'll get the joke). I still shudder when I think about it.

"The Company" a novel by Max Berry, tells a story of corporate strife and Pointy-Haired-Boss-style management techniques. I won't spoil the plot, but the 13th floor of the building is uniquely ironic. Especially given it is, in fact, only the 7th floor.

Archived