Doubletree pitches convention Center Hotel

vdogg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Harmony Hospitality is making a big mistake if they build a embassy next to the soon to be Virginia's biggest flea market!!!and listen to them passing the buck to us taxpayers,whats going on?everytime Va.Beach wants to build something its taxpayers money,i still get tickled everytime i drive buy the 15 million dollar city storage lot beside merchants on laskin rd!!!why don't they sell it and finance the hotel???

- g johnson - va.beach embassy hotel (view comment)

Why are the comments below most newspaper articles these days so inane? To be fair, the new Prototype III designs for Embassy Suites hotels are a big improvement, but I agree that the city needs to set its sights higher. Meeting planners aren't likely to be captivated by the boring combo of ES and DoubleTree.

Proposed Embassy Suites would be Double billed with Double Tree

Until last week, business leaders and Virginia Beach city officials had been quiet for a few months about a convention center hotel.

Harmony Hospitality revived those talks. Two months after announcing its Embassy Suites hotel proposal in a crowded competition, investors with the Virginia Beach company

Archived