Possible Quicken Loans Building

detwaa84

If you are interested in what's happening with the quicken loans move to detroit. I recommend you visit this website: http://www.rossetti.com/ and under their Market section, work sub-section, go to the last picture by clicking next. Make sure you pause by clicking on image 2 and read what it says about it under more info and look at the picture closely (notice the People mover). Doesn't it sound and look like a possible Quicken Loans development. The statler and UA sites seem connected by one building and the street going under, exactly what I envisioned and hoped for.

This is exiting!! :yahoo: doesn't it make the move more likely than ever.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice find, i like what i see. I didnt see the PM track in it though.

dtown, if you look at image 2 ONLY, you'll see a very lightly colored line at the bottom left of the picture. It looks like it's going through the building, since they are supposedly connected over Bagley.

The renderings are very intriguing. They've obviously investigated the idea, as well as several others. Based on what I've heard and seen, though, it seems like a Quicken move is a ways off....

I've seen work on and off at the UA Building in recent weeks, though, so who knows. The 1960s dropped ceiling in the lobby of the office building has been removed, and they were doing more work in the lobby the last time I drove by.

I think I like the cleaner looking tower part, but the rest seems too messy for that area. That type of building would look better in river or mid town.

Is the Statler site really too small on its own?

Anyway, good find! Exciting times!

You're right, but I don't think it will look exactly like this. This is just a sketch, when it's computerized, it'll look simpler and completley diffrent, I promise! :)

It seems that the way they have it designed the UA building could still exist. The taller tower section would go on the empty lot where the Tuller(?) Hotel used to be while the rest of the complex would go on the old Staler site. The tower would face Adams St. while the smaller portions of the complex would face Grand Circus Park giving it a "step" down effect into the park. I think it's a great design, and assuming Dan Gilbert likes his little test run, I hope he picks this sort of layout.

It doesn't matter how sketchy the rendering looks, the thing is a mess. Look at all the odd massings and scale. It looks like a dozen buildings tied into one. Hate to say it, but never been a big fan of Rossetti. Compuware is nice, and I used to love Ford Field, but now I hate it after seeing much nicer stadiums like Nationwide....

It doesn't matter how sketchy the rendering looks, the thing is a mess. Look at all the odd massings and scale. It looks like a dozen buildings tied into one. Hate to say it, but never been a big fan of Rossetti. Compuware is nice, and I used to love Ford Field, but now I hate it after seeing much nicer stadiums like Nationwide....

I agree Wolverine. Those lower floors look curiously like a parking garage. Then a residential tower plunked on top, with some kind of entertainment (?) venue that connects the office tower at the right to the residential?

Yeah, the residential appears to be stacked on a multi-use podium (i.e. parking, retail, other...), all connected to the office tower concept of Adams. Quicken has stated (or leaked) that they are looking for a live-work development, so if they ever get something off the ground, it will include a little bit of everything.

My hope was always that they would use the Statler site for the HQ and purchase the Whitney for residential and mixed use and attach the two with a skywalk. Who knows maybe they could do that anyway and attach the buildings for retail purposes as well as giving Quicken its own PM stop.

My hope was always that they would use the Statler site for the HQ and purchase the Whitney for residential and mixed use and attach the two with a skywalk. Who knows maybe they could do that anyway and attach the buildings for retail purposes as well as giving Quicken its own PM stop.

I like it, good thought, it would be cheaper for them too. I don't know about the skywalk though. Is a tunnel possible?

Why would you want a tunnel? The PM stop is elevated so it only makes sense to put in a skywalk of some kind. Plus from what i recall from my visit, the floors below the lobby of the Whitney arent really suited to have lots of people passing through.

Why would you want a tunnel? The PM stop is elevated so it only makes sense to put in a skywalk of some kind. Plus from what i recall from my visit, the floors below the lobby of the Whitney arent really suited to have lots of people passing through.

You're right. Maybe they should move the PM stop over Wash. Don't get me wrong, I love skywalks. They make a city look more futuristic.

I dont want to take the thread too far off topic but I have a quick comment about the people mover...

I think it would make a cool advertising/entertainment opportunity.

Put LED boards on it in the financial district to display news, greektown for advertising, GCP for upcoming sporting events. I dont know it just seems like something could be done so the thing doesnt look so plain and boring.

Archived