Possible Quicken Loans Building

detwaa84

gilbert is making a lot of remarks insinuating a move downtown... he's kinda talking himself into making the move. It would look pretty bad if he doesn't.

Not only will that make him look bad, but Karmanos is quoted at the very end as saying, "he will move downtown". That could throw around a lot of criticism as well, should they decide to not move or just beat this idea to a pulp for the next 37 years. However, Karmanos isn't the most popular name around these parts after yesterday's episode with the DMC.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That could have a positive domino affect! You're right, that'd bring the much needed infusion of private money needed to put downtown Detroit, and the city proper back in the direction it should be going. Where's it's tried to be for the past 40 years! Maybe can help erase some of the over inflated blight that's taken place since the 60's.

Detroit is the only major city in the catagory of having lost massive amounts of population where it's metro area as a whole continued to gain. That says alot about the politics of SE Michigan.

http://www.cleveland.com/business/plaindea....xml&coll=2

A somewhat diffrent article. However, The name and the first sentence confused me. Although we all know that he will most likely move to Downtown, there is no mention that he will not relocate to another state. Officially hasen't happened yet, which means other states should be an option. Not a very good title for the article.

• 2 months later...

It looks like Rossetti has taken the renderings down on their site. Also, it appears that LMichigan's screencap on Flickr is no longer available. Anyone still have a copy of those Rossetti drawings?

Also, Jason, if I didn't mention it before, I love your design and concept.

What Rossetti did was contact Flickr, which then erased my pictures, and warned me. They've been extremely (and unnecessarily) aggresive, IMO. I'd warn against anyone trying to resurrect those unless they want that kind of hassle. They also did it with the Greektown rendering, I posted, which has been under construction for months! Geeze.

What Rossetti did was contact Flickr, which then erased my pictures, and warned me. They've been extremely (and unnecessarily) aggresive, IMO. I'd warn against anyone trying to resurrect those unless they want that kind of hassle. They also did it with the Greektown rendering, I posted, which has been under construction for months! Geeze.

Another reason why I dislike Rossetti.

What Rossetti did was contact Flickr, which then erased my pictures, and warned me. They've been extremely (and unnecessarily) aggressive, IMO. I'd warn against anyone trying to resurrect those unless they want that kind of hassle. They also did it with the Greektown rendering, I posted, which has been under construction for months! Geeze.

if they have such a policy, why post them in the first place. I have to really wonder what course of action they could actually take other than whining... what, are they going to fire you from the internet?

• 3 weeks later...

Another site has been pitched to Quicken on the riverfront near the RenCen.

I'm definitely not in favor of them even considering it since I'd rather see other development occur there. Although I have a gut feeling Quicken isn't interested in being along the river at all.

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/apps/pbcs.dll...6/SUB/707150317

as simple as the statement made on other boards that quicken doesn't want to be in the figurative and actual shadow of GM weighs heavy in my mind. Dan G wants to have a real impact. Being away from GM and in a location like GCP will indeed do that. Also, due to Quicken' (rock financial in specific) and dan gilbert's ties to professional sports (heavy pistons sponsorship, owns the cavs, owns fathead), I would bet money, in fact, I'll bet someone 2 dollars since that is all I have on me right now that quicken will be on grand circus park by the future? and existing sports stadiums.

sorry, i promise this is my last post of the night.

and one other little nugget for thought:

recall that ficano for some reason is buying the guardian building. A simple question to the board... do you think that quicken wants to buy the Neudeck building from Wayne County?? ahhhhhh speculation :)

According to Crain's their HQ could be anywhere from 500,000 sq feet to 1.5 million sq. feet.

We could potentially see Detroit's tallest, that is depending hot it is built. Comcast Tower in Philidelphia is 975 feet at only 1.2 million sq. feet. Gilbert did say that the annoucement will blow us away... :)

According to Crain's their HQ could be anywhere from 500,000 sq feet to 1.5 million sq. feet.

We could potentially see Detroit's tallest, that is depending hot it is built. Comcast Tower in Philidelphia is 975 feet at only 1.2 million sq. feet. Gilbert did say that the annoucement will blow us away... :)

Jennifer Granholm told us that too, and the only thing that has come close to blowing me away is the 70mph winds that just passed through a few minutes ago.

I'm just sayin, lets not count our chickens...

Archived