Possible Quicken Loans Building

detwaa84

I hope something tall and signiture gets builts

anyone have pics of the current HQ in Livonia? I imagine its some sort of a generic 3 story suburban office building

I live about a 1/2 mile from the quicken hq in livonia. Its a rather boring, 4 story brick low rise. There are 2 identical brick and concrete buildings. They have parking concerns, so they paved over part of Greenmede (a poor man's Greenfield Village).

here is a view of the compound

http://local.live.com/default.aspx?v=2&amp...3&encType=1

and a rather curious development, I drove by on Sunday and there is a for lease sign out front. I am assuming that the sign is probably for other space available within the building, not the whole building. :lol:

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it is one of the odder developments in livonia. I like it, but it couldn't be in a more strange location.

I think it looks sort of like an odd combination of suburban and urban neighborhood ideas, but it could come off better if I actually experienced it rather than looking at it from the air. And it would definitely be easier to accept it if it were in a similary dense area rather than surrounded by fields, trees, and parking lots.

The way the garages are positioned, I think that's all you can see.

At least when you first enter, the garage doors are all facing the other way so that they aren't imediately identifiable as garages vs. just part of the house. I've seen site condo developments with narrow houses set behind two-stall, front facing garages and it feels more like a self-storage facility than a neighborhood.

• 3 months later...

I think the most interesting bit of news from this article is the fact the he really wants to develope BOTH the Statler and Hudson sites eventually. Good news for the city and hopefully things will snowball and more companies outside of the ones under his control decide to follow.

Wow!! He wants to develop both sites!! I was kind of under the impression that the project had died, but this is definitely great news! Like you guys say though, best to celebrate when it's done.

Hopefully they've gotten new architects since those concepts leaked last year. Those are two pretty important sites, and should not be screwed up. It's a great opportunity to make two great additions to downtown.

Just checked out the Block 37 renderings and I think a project similar to that would be awesome for the Hudson Block. Its similar to the design that Kraemer did way back with the different buildings all part of a mixed use facility, plus it appears to take up the whole block, which was one of the issues many people had here.

And then another 2 years after that for construction to start and then another 2 years for construction and build out. That puts us at about 2011-2012. Yikes! Not complaining though.

It's not any longer than it took Compuware to move. Compuware announced its deal on November 25, 1999 and moved in during summer 2003. Yet, now it seems like Compuware has been downtown forever. There are quite a few parallels between the Compuware and Quicken deals, beside the November announcement dates, both are moving a similar number of employees, both mayors were in their second term and the Lions had a winning record 7-4 in 1999 and 6-3 today.

It's not any longer than it took Compuware to move. Compuware announced its deal on November 25, 1999 and moved in during summer 2003. Yet, now it seems like Compuware has been downtown forever. There are quite a few parallels between the Compuware and Quicken deals, beside the November announcement dates, both are moving a similar number of employees, both mayors were in their second term and the Lions had a winning record 7-4 in 1999 and 6-3 today.

great point on the parallels... especially the lions part. Wonder who will be this year's paul edinger...

"Quicken also gets a one-year option to develop office and retail space on two other city-owned sites: the former Lafayette Building at Michigan Avenue and Lafayette Boulevard, and two parking lots on Broadway and Library streets, according to the development agreement."

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...4/BIZ/711140386

Really starting to get excited about Gilberts energy and vision for Detroit. He exceeded my expectations when he made it known that he wants to develope both the Statler and Hudson blocks. Now he wants to tackle the Lafayette Building and the empty lots behind Compuware along Broadway. This is more then just a HQ moving downtown now, I think this is definitely the tipping point for downtown and if all of this comes to fuition I think downtown will be forever changed.

"Quicken also gets a one-year option to develop office and retail space on two other city-owned sites: the former Lafayette Building at Michigan Avenue and Lafayette Boulevard, and two parking lots on Broadway and Library streets, according to the development agreement."

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...4/BIZ/711140386

Really starting to get excited about Gilberts energy and vision for Detroit. He exceeded my expectations when he made it known that he wants to develope both the Statler and Hudson blocks. Now he wants to tackle the Lafayette Building and the empty lots behind Compuware along Broadway. This is more then just a HQ moving downtown now, I think this is definitely the tipping point for downtown and if all of this comes to fuition I think downtown will be forever changed.

I knew this was big, but not this big!!!!!

QuickenDevelopment.jpg

I can only imagine!

Archived