UNC Charlotte Super Mario

AuLukey

Haha, I saw that for the first time a couple days ago on I-am-bored.com

The only building that would be cool on would be the library, and all the lights would have to be turned off as they are on all the time (i think.) I doubt the school would ever accommodate anything like this. Because let's face it, if we can't put chalk on the one surface it shows up best on, the school wouldn't allow something this cool.

• 2 years later...

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So apparently with the new semester (after I graduated of course) came more Nintendo sprites, a pong wall, and even a giant colored snow mushroom near the entrance to campus that was there for several days from what I hear.

n1398150071_30071895_2751771.jpg

tetris.jpg

n505429325_1173457_2951.jpg

campusfish.jpg

those are great, i definitely would be a participant if i were a student there, and admittedly yeah, i would be more active now that the university has taken such a stance against it.

i really think charlotte in general needs designated art walls and structures (and not just in the expected places like plaza midwood and NoDa), and to also refrain from destroying impromptu graffiti that is nonoffensive/gang-related and not defacing an in-use building. god knows we have plenty of derelict buildings that would look a lot better with some color.

other than the scattering of tame abstract sculptures around town there is very little art to be seen, but there is a reasonably strong artistic community under the radar that the city would be wise to nurture.

I just arrived back from a trip to south Florida and I must say that I was astounded at the level of art in Miami's smaller neighborhoods. I don't mean the gang related graffiti, but there were at least two murals and/or sculptures per block almost everywhere we drove/walked. I agree that Charlotte should embrace its hidden talents a lot more. Residents here could really brighten up the city.

Archived