Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NorthEnder

Anyone have a recap of the state of the state?

10 posts in this topic

I missed Jenny's address, but from what i've heard, she wants to raise personal income tax.

Any other highlights?

I heard that she wants new spend on roads. That's the new way of thinking.

I heard that she wants new spend on roads. That's the new way of thinking.

It sounds like Granholm basically laid out areas where she wanted to continue to invest. In other words, which areas would not see cuts. She did say that her budget calls cuts hundreds of millions of dollars, so anything not mentioned I assume would be fair game for cuts. In the most general terms, she does not want to cut in areas that she feels are most vital in getting "21st century" jobs to Michigan.

It sounds like Granholm basically laid out areas where she wanted to continue to invest. In other words, which areas would not see cuts. She did say that her budget calls cuts hundreds of millions of dollars, so anything not mentioned I assume would be fair game for cuts. In the most general terms, she does not want to cut in areas that she feels are most vital in getting "21st century" jobs to Michigan.

"blah blah blah, spend spend spend, unfunded mandate, unfunded mandate, extend the sales tax to the service industry and effectively destroy the only growing sector of our economy."

Well, that's what I heard her say.

There are already more unemployed college grads than jobs available, so how will creating a more educated workforce address that issue? Aren't we a little strong on the supply side, and a little weak on the demand side for educated workers?

We need jobs, and jobs quickly.