Yamaha Plant Closing

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that they moved their corporate HQ's to California back in 2003 was probably a pretty good indicator of things to come. I would be suspect of any manufacturer who has made a similar move in the past couple of years. I can't think of any high-profile firms that have done that recently off of the top of my head, other than some of the furniture makers.

I got a great idea. Let's close or send out of state every single business in Michigan and lay off every body living here. Then we'll watch this state shrivel up and die. Harsh sounding? Yes. But for Pete's sake when will this doom and gloom hanging over this state ever end?

This is a real blow to the heart for me. I work in music retail and play trombone too and have always felt that yamaha did a great job with their instruments. Our store here in Greensboro N.C. sells Yamaha primarly and exclusivly. Our Yamaha rep. didn't say anything about the closing when he was in a week ago. He was telling me how great the GR plant is and I was real excited about making a trip up to visit it. I just hope that this move does not affect the quality and reputation of the Company.

Archived