The CDA thread

MJLO

since people have started talking about it a little I decided to create a CDA thread. I thought it might behove me to add a little Spokane discussion in here, but it's hard to say because your crossing state lines, and the way UP is organized it's kind of hard to generate interstate discussions.

But what I want to know is what the main industry in the CDA area is. Is it tourism?

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply
since people have started talking about it a little I decided to create a CDA thread. I thought it might behove me to add a little Spokane discussion in here, but it's hard to say because your crossing state lines, and the way UP is organized it's kind of hard to generate interstate discussions.

But what I want to know is what the main industry in the CDA area is. Is it tourism?

• 1 month later...

A picture of Cd'A from the SW, about a mile outside of the city. You can easily see the four largest buildings. By next year, we'll have a fifth...

The buildings from L to R: Cd'A North Condos 9 stories, 102'; Lake Tower Apts. 114'; Cd'A Resort 18 stories, 216'; McEuen Terrace 15 stories, 171'. The fifth building, under construction now, is Parkside Tower. It will be 20 stories, 213'. From the view where this picture was taken, it will sit between the Cd'A Resort and McEuen Terrace.

2312197750068184786SRCLpC_fs.jpg

• 2 months later...

Here's an article from the Spokesman Review today discussing a probable trolley running from Riverstone to downtown and other locations. The article also mentions the city's bus service. After looking at the ridership numbers, I was surprised by how many people use the bus...over 17,000 people rode CityLink in April, 2007.

The proposed trolley route:

The trolley would stop at Riverstone, the University of Idaho-Coeur d'Alene and North Idaho College. It likely would then travel to the Coeur d'Alene Resort before making stops at the new downtown library and City Hall. The trolley also would stop at the Kroc Center when it opens in 2008.

CdA trolley could connect development, downtown

Planned 3.2-mile loop called way to reduce traffic

Erica Curless

Staff writer

May 29, 2007

Coeur d'Alene may get a rubber-tired trolley this summer to haul people between the Riverstone development and downtown

Archived