Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GRDadof3

Bike path to link EGR to Kent Trails

11 posts in this topic

It sounds like EGR is so excited about this that they're accelerating plans to redo Wealthy Street to this coming Summer:

EAST GRAND RAPIDS -- By this fall, urban bike lanes will allow space for bicyclists to pedal from Gaslight Village to just south of John Ball Park.

East Grand Rapids and Grand Rapids will cooperate on special lanes on streets to loop cyclists from Wealthy Street SE in East Grand Rapids to the Kent Trails trail head on Grand Rapids' Southwest Side.

The dedicated urban bike lanes will travel from EGR through Easttown, East Hills, Heritage Hill, downtown to the Kent Trails West of Grandville.

Anyone here working on this?

It sounds like EGR is so excited about this that they're accelerating plans to redo Wealthy Street to this coming Summer:

EAST GRAND RAPIDS -- By this fall, urban bike lanes will allow space for bicyclists to pedal from Gaslight Village to just south of John Ball Park.

East Grand Rapids and Grand Rapids will cooperate on special lanes on streets to loop cyclists from Wealthy Street SE in East Grand Rapids to the Kent Trails trail head on Grand Rapids' Southwest Side.

The dedicated urban bike lanes will travel from EGR through Easttown, East Hills, Heritage Hill, downtown to the Kent Trails West of Grandville.

Anyone here working on this?

Ohh, we're aware of this on Wealthy Street as we prepare for this summer's super sweet street construction season in Uptown.

It sounds like they will be something like this?

DSCF0135doorzone.jpg

Ohh, we're aware of this on Wealthy Street as we prepare for this summer's super sweet street construction season in Uptown.

I am not but a co-worker of mine is.

Sounds like a great project.

Even if my bike never sees the Kent Trails (it hasn't yet) the bike path from EGR to Heritage Hill will be very welcome on my morning bike commute! Hip hip!

Maybe we could do a UP bike trip/architectural tour of GR?