5 West Mountain Development

Mith242

I think you are on target with your assessment here. People here simply care more--those on both sides of the development issue--than most other communities around here. In most of NWA, anything is better than what's there now. We are very pro-development. Fayetteville is a little pickier. In the long run, we will be better off over here and have higher property values, in my opinion.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...

The existing building at this site has been demolished and a drilling machine is on site to dig the pier holes. You can really see how small a lot it is to hold a multi-story building. It's really going to be a tight fit for construction also- I guess the crane will have to sit in the street. When completed it will be a very noticeable and talked about project.

The existing building at this site has been demolished and a drilling machine is on site to dig the pier holes. You can really see how small a lot it is to hold a multi-story building. It's really going to be a tight fit for construction also- I guess the crane will have to sit in the street. When completed it will be a very noticeable and talked about project.

Here's a photo of the site from across East Avenue, which is what you would think the address would be. I figure the Town Center tower is about 4-5 stories high, so this structure at 7 stories will overshadow it. I'm all for multistory buildings and hope more are built but I'm concerned this will be an awkward fit at this location. If it doesn't turn out to be an attractive project it will give ammunition to those calling for more restrictive height regulations.

DSCN0436.jpg

Here's a photo of the site from across East Avenue, which is what you would think the address would be. I figure the Town Center tower is about 4-5 stories high, so this structure at 7 stories will overshadow it. I'm all for multistory buildings and hope more are built but I'm concerned this will be an awkward fit at this location. If it doesn't turn out to be an attractive project it will give ammunition to those calling for more restrictive height regulations.

I still wish I could find some more info or renderings on this development. I think on the very first page of this topic there's a couple of bad looking renderings. Looks like it was faxed or something, pretty bad quality. But I've had no luck finding anything on the internet on this development so far.

I still wish I could find some more info or renderings on this development. I think on the very first page of this topic there's a couple of bad looking renderings. Looks like it was faxed or something, pretty bad quality. But I've had no luck finding anything on the internet on this development so far.

• 3 weeks later...

• 4 weeks later...

I went by the site earlier today. I didn't bother taking anymore pics because it didn't look like a lot has happened since the last time I was there. That's not to say nothing has happened, but I didn't see any steel or anything like that going up yet.

Actually..because I work close by I walk that area often and they have been working steadily on it. They have been pouring the concrete foundation and have installed three vertical steel beams. Granted that's not much but I think the cooler weather is slowing things some. I bet in a few weeks it'll be much more visible and a lot more comments made in the general public. I don't think a lot of people realize that a seven story building is going in there.

Archived