5 West Mountain Development

Mith242

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I really am quite amazed at how quickly the frame for this building is going up, considering the weather. I know it's a small footprint building, but kudos to the developer and contractor on this project. They said they were going to build something, and they're getting things done. I hope they can inspire some of the developers who'll come soon to replace our now bankrupt former developers. ;)

In a way that's a shame (no market impact), but I'm still extremely pleased to see someone adding density to the immediate square area. I was over on the UA campus today and noticed that the steel structure is very clearly visible from there by their greek theater. It's really going to be a nice mid-rise addition to our mid-rise skyline. ^_^ Now if we can get the Ren. Tower going, things will really start shaping up down there and hopefully increase public interest in the downtown area. I went to Hugo's Saturday night, and although Hugo's was busy, it was completely dead around there. Quite a contrast to Dickson Street, for sure.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This project is still moving right along. Here's a view that gives some idea of what the finished product will look like. They are using brick around the lower floors. It's going to be a great addition to the downtown area, IMO.DSCN0878.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived