Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skyliner

Greenville's New Police Chief

13 posts in this topic

I have to say that the City's decision to hire Terri Wilfong as its new Police Chief appears to be an exellent one. She has 26 years worth of experience in Louisville, KY, leading operations at the Kentucky Derby, among many other major events. I expect positive things to come from this in the future. She emphasized that the charm of Downtown was one of the main reasons she applied. Interesting to note that the City of Greenville has a retiring African American Chief, and an incoming female Chief. :shades:

The Greenville News, February 7, 2007

WYFF News 4, February 7, 2007

WYFF News 4 (Video Interview)

WSPA TV 7, February 7, 2007

WSPA TV 7 (Video on Home Page)

She wasn't my first choice, but I think she will do a good job and has the experience needed, so i'm happy with the city's decision. :)

I noticed that some comments on the Greenville News website disagree with this choice, mostly because she was chosen over a candidate already with the Greenville City Police. I think she was a great choice, for two reasons. One, she comes from a city (Louisville) that is slightly ahead of Greenville in size and development (especially downtown). It makes sense that she can help us get there in terms of police force. Two, she isn't a hire from within. I think it's better to get someone who has a different perspective, varied experiences, and who isn't already friends with others in the department. It's simply not good business to hire from within for a position like this.

^^^It wasn't me. :ph34r: Ok, so I posted some stuff about Forrest Gump on there, but that was only because I didn't agree with them and didn't feel like arguing over it. -_-

I noticed that some comments on the Greenville News website disagree with this choice, mostly because she was chosen over a candidate already with the Greenville City Police. I think she was a great choice, for two reasons. One, she comes from a city (Louisville) that is slightly ahead of Greenville in size and development (especially downtown). It makes sense that she can help us get there in terms of police force. Two, she isn't a hire from within. I think it's better to get someone who has a different perspective, varied experiences, and who isn't already friends with others in the department. It's simply not good business to hire from within for a position like this.

I'm out of town this week, but from what I've read, she's an excellent choice. Great to see Greenville embracing diversity and bringing in a female for the position. A definite plus for the city. :thumbsup:

As long as she makes it, so where the public can catch people parking ILLEGALLY in handicapped spots and get them tickets, so they won't do it again. How come nobody on this forum is talking about that? It sounds like a pretty big and important issue to me. <_<

With an outgoing African American police chief and an incoming female chief, people might get confused and think Greenville is progressive! :thumbsup:

She seems like a breath of fresh air for Greenville.

I don't care a whit if the new chief represents diversity or progressiveness. The only thing I care about is can she do the job, and was she the best qualified applicant. I'm completely unqualified to give judgments on that, so I hope for the best and that she does a fine job.

I heard them talking about it on WORD recently. Is it really a problem downtown? I've never noticed it. Seems to me that the existing police patrols could be slightly modified to account for that type of thing... or maybe that guy in the golf cart could do his job?

...people might get confused and think Greenville is progressive! :thumbsup:

Shhhh!!!! Don't tell anybody! We need to keep this secret to ourselves and let others think what they want! :lol:

Shhhh!!!! Don't tell anybody! We need to keep this secret to ourselves and let others think what they want! :lol: