Greenville's New Police Chief

goodbye

I have to say that the City's decision to hire Terri Wilfong as its new Police Chief appears to be an exellent one. She has 26 years worth of experience in Louisville, KY, leading operations at the Kentucky Derby, among many other major events. I expect positive things to come from this in the future. She emphasized that the charm of Downtown was one of the main reasons she applied. Interesting to note that the City of Greenville has a retiring African American Chief, and an incoming female Chief. :shades:

The Greenville News, February 7, 2007

WYFF News 4, February 7, 2007

WYFF News 4 (Video Interview)

WSPA TV 7, February 7, 2007

WSPA TV 7 (Video on Home Page)

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed that some comments on the Greenville News website disagree with this choice, mostly because she was chosen over a candidate already with the Greenville City Police. I think she was a great choice, for two reasons. One, she comes from a city (Louisville) that is slightly ahead of Greenville in size and development (especially downtown). It makes sense that she can help us get there in terms of police force. Two, she isn't a hire from within. I think it's better to get someone who has a different perspective, varied experiences, and who isn't already friends with others in the department. It's simply not good business to hire from within for a position like this.

^^^It wasn't me. :ph34r: Ok, so I posted some stuff about Forrest Gump on there, but that was only because I didn't agree with them and didn't feel like arguing over it. -_-

I noticed that some comments on the Greenville News website disagree with this choice, mostly because she was chosen over a candidate already with the Greenville City Police. I think she was a great choice, for two reasons. One, she comes from a city (Louisville) that is slightly ahead of Greenville in size and development (especially downtown). It makes sense that she can help us get there in terms of police force. Two, she isn't a hire from within. I think it's better to get someone who has a different perspective, varied experiences, and who isn't already friends with others in the department. It's simply not good business to hire from within for a position like this.

As long as she makes it, so where the public can catch people parking ILLEGALLY in handicapped spots and get them tickets, so they won't do it again. How come nobody on this forum is talking about that? It sounds like a pretty big and important issue to me. <_<

I heard them talking about it on WORD recently. Is it really a problem downtown? I've never noticed it. Seems to me that the existing police patrols could be slightly modified to account for that type of thing... or maybe that guy in the golf cart could do his job?

Archived